+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Canjour90

Star Member
May 17, 2023
The OINP requires that your photograph meet the following requirements:
  • Size: The photograph must be 50 mm wide by 70 mm high.
  • Background: The background must be plain white or off-white.
  • Headwear: You may wear a head covering if it is worn for religious or medical reasons. The head covering must not obscure your face.
  • Facial expression: Your facial expression must be neutral. You should not be smiling or frowning.
  • Eyeglasses: If you wear eyeglasses, they must be clean and free of glare.
  • Hair: Your hair must be neat and tidy.
You should not scan both sides of your photograph. Only the front side of your photograph should be scanned. The photographer's details should be written on the back of the photograph.

Here are some tips for taking a good photograph for your OINP application:
  • Have your photograph taken in a well-lit area. The lighting should be evenly distributed and there should be no shadows on your face.
  • Wear plain, light-colored clothing. Avoid wearing clothes with bright patterns or colors.
  • Make sure your hair is neat and tidy. Avoid wearing hats or other headwear that will obscure your face.
  • Sit or stand up straight. Make sure your shoulders are back and your head is held high.
  • Look directly at the camera. Do not smile or frown.
If you are not sure how to take a good photograph, you can ask a friend or family member to help you. You can also hire a professional photographer.
@Raptor33

Thankyou for answering my query in detail. But still I have one question, if we are not scanning back side of Photograph for IRCC to see, what is the purpose of mentioning details backside?

How will they access information on backside of photograph?

Canjour90

Star Member
May 17, 2023
Hi,

My Wife is primary applicant, but settlement fund is in my NRE account (India). We both are in Dubai now.
Can anyone suggest a format of affidavit that wife have access to my account to use fund?

Thanks

Riya Kaur

Star Member
Jan 13, 2022
@legalfalcon what is difference between security check in Temporary Resident Visa(TRV) and PR application? My TRV is recently approved and PR application is stuck in Security check. My security is alreday cleared in TRV should i expect decision soon in PR application?

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
@Raptor33

Thankyou for answering my query in detail. But still I have one question, if we are not scanning back side of Photograph for IRCC to see, what is the purpose of mentioning details backside?

How will they access information on backside of photograph?
You are correct that the OINP does not require that you scan the back of your photograph. However, they do require that you write the photographer's details on the back of the photograph. This is so that they can contact the photographer if they need to verify the authenticity of the photograph.

The OINP will not access the information on the back of the photograph unless they need to. For example, if they receive a complaint about the authenticity of your photograph, they may contact the photographer to verify the photograph.

Here are the details that you should write on the back of your photograph:
  • Photographer's name
  • Photographer's address
  • Photographer's phone number
  • Date of photograph
You can write the information in pencil or ink. Make sure that the writing is clear and legible.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hi,

My Wife is primary applicant, but settlement fund is in my NRE account (India). We both are in Dubai now.
Can anyone suggest a format of affidavit that wife have access to my account to use fund?

Thanks
Sure, I can help you with that. Here is a sample affidavit that you can use:

I, [Your Name], being duly sworn, depose and state as follows:
  1. I am the [husband/wife] of [Your Wife's Name].
  2. I am the sole signatory to the NRE account with account number [Account Number] at [Bank Name].
  3. I hereby authorize my wife, [Your Wife's Name], to access the funds in my NRE account to use for the purpose of settling in Canada.
  4. I understand that my wife is responsible for repaying any loans or other financial obligations that may be incurred in connection with the settlement.
Signed, [Your Signature]
[Date]

You can change the details in the affidavit to match your specific situation. For example, you can change the title of the affidavit to "Affidavit of Authority to Access Bank Account". You can also change the names of the banks and the account numbers.

Once you have completed the affidavit, you will need to have it notarized. You can have it notarized at a bank, a post office, or a law firm.

Once the affidavit is notarized, you can submit it with your wife's immigration application.

Reactions: Canjour90

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
@legalfalcon what is difference between security check in Temporary Resident Visa(TRV) and PR application? My TRV is recently approved and PR application is stuck in Security check. My security is alreday cleared in TRV should i expect decision soon in PR application?
There are some differences between the security checks that are conducted for Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) and Permanent Resident (PR) applications.

For a TRV application, the security check is typically conducted by the Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA). The CBSA will check the applicant's criminal record and any other information that is available to them to determine if the applicant is a security risk.

For a PR application, the security check is conducted by the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS). CSIS is a national security agency that is responsible for protecting Canada from threats such as terrorism and espionage. CSIS will conduct a more thorough security check than the CBSA, and they may also interview the applicant or their family members.

If your TRV was recently approved, it is possible that your security check for your PR application has already been completed. However, it is also possible that CSIS is still conducting their security check. If this is the case, you should expect to wait a few more weeks or months for a decision on your PR application.

Here are some tips for speeding up the security check for your PR application:
  • Provide as much information as possible about your background and activities.
  • Be honest and upfront about any potential security concerns.
  • Cooperate with CSIS if they request an interview.
By following these tips, you can help to ensure that your security check is completed as quickly as possible.

Canjour90

Star Member
May 17, 2023
Sure, I can help you with that. Here is a sample affidavit that you can use:

I, [Your Name], being duly sworn, depose and state as follows:
  1. I am the [husband/wife] of [Your Wife's Name].
  2. I am the sole signatory to the NRE account with account number [Account Number] at [Bank Name].
  3. I hereby authorize my wife, [Your Wife's Name], to access the funds in my NRE account to use for the purpose of settling in Canada.
  4. I understand that my wife is responsible for repaying any loans or other financial obligations that may be incurred in connection with the settlement.
Signed, [Your Signature]
[Date]

You can change the details in the affidavit to match your specific situation. For example, you can change the title of the affidavit to "Affidavit of Authority to Access Bank Account". You can also change the names of the banks and the account numbers.

Once you have completed the affidavit, you will need to have it notarized. You can have it notarized at a bank, a post office, or a law firm.

Once the affidavit is notarized, you can submit it with your wife's immigration application.
Raptor33

Thank you

AnuBB

Jun 1, 2023
Hi,

In my previous two companies where I worked, I was given salary as cash by hand. And I do not have any documents such as payslips or bank statement to provide as proof for OINP or IRCC.

If I provide a salary verification letter from my employer mentioning the duration of my employment and salary received, and if i explain the situation in LOE, would that be enough?

In my latest Company, where I am still working for more than a year, I have all the necessary documents such as offer, contract, all month payslips, refernce letter etc.

So for my previous two companies, experiece , reference and salary verification letter would be enough?

Please suggest if any other solution or advice?

Reactions: Canjour90

mile80

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
I would like to ask: I applied 3 months ago for a study permit and work permit for my husband from Colombia, my husband was asked for an additional document which is the form imm0150 details of the police service, since he is retired...the review of these additional documents began on May 8 and we have not yet received a response, however on the official website the time says 6 weeks and we have already been 13 weeks.

mile80

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
May 10 / 2023
Review of eligibility: we are reviewing wheter you meet the elegibility requirements.
Review of medical results: you don't need medical exam
Review of ADR: we are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Background check: we are processing your BGC
Final decision: your application is in progress.

Canjour90

Star Member
May 17, 2023
Hi,

For OINP, only primary applicant is required to share ECA result or accompanying Spouse too??
Primary Applicant : PEBC
Accompanying Spouse : WES

Thanks.

mile80

Star Member
Jun 1, 2023
There are some differences between the security checks that are conducted for Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) and Permanent Resident (PR) applications.

For a TRV application, the security check is typically conducted by the Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA). The CBSA will check the applicant's criminal record and any other information that is available to them to determine if the applicant is a security risk.

For a PR application, the security check is conducted by the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS). CSIS is a national security agency that is responsible for protecting Canada from threats such as terrorism and espionage. CSIS will conduct a more thorough security check than the CBSA, and they may also interview the applicant or their family members.

If your TRV was recently approved, it is possible that your security check for your PR application has already been completed. However, it is also possible that CSIS is still conducting their security check. If this is the case, you should expect to wait a few more weeks or months for a decision on your PR application.

Here are some tips for speeding up the security check for your PR application:
  • Provide as much information as possible about your background and activities.
  • Be honest and upfront about any potential security concerns.
  • Cooperate with CSIS if they request an interview.
By following these tips, you can help to ensure that your security check is completed as quickly as possible.
I would like to ask: I applied 3 months ago for a study permit and work permit for my husband from Colombia, my husband was asked for an additional document which is the form imm0150 details of the police service, since he is retired...the review of these additional documents began on May 8 and we have not yet received a response, however on the official website the time says 6 weeks and we have already been 13 weeks.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
I understand that you are frustrated with the wait time for your husband's study permit and work permit application. The processing time for these applications can vary depending on a number of factors, including the complexity of the application, the volume of applications that IRCC is currently processing, and the availability of resources.

In your case, it appears that IRCC has been reviewing the additional documents that you submitted since May 8. This is a standard step in the processing of a study permit and work permit application. IRCC may need to conduct a background check on your husband to ensure that he is not a security risk. This process can take some time, especially if IRCC needs to obtain information from foreign authorities.

I understand that the wait time is frustrating, but I would encourage you to be patient. IRCC is working hard to process applications as quickly as possible.

Bisht

Star Member
Feb 23, 2022
@legalfalcon please reply: Do you know what it means When GCMS notes under biometric section says "error/cancelled". and what can be done to resolve this?

I have not received BIL. and I need to give them as I have never given them before.

Hakona Matata

Aug 21, 2021
Hi

FSW-O
AOR : 27 May

2 months ago I had a herniated disc which I mentioned to the doctor in the upfront medical exam, but when submitting my profile I answered No when asked if I've ever had a serious condition.
I'm doing well now and so was I when I had the medical exam.

Should I have answered Yes ?

Should I raise a web form and explain or no need ?

Thanks