17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legalfalcon,

I have been following your answers for quite some time.

Now I have an issue to enquire:

In my previous study permit application, I had to list all my travel history, and I didn't mention a business travel to Brazil because I traveled there on a semi official passport that my company collected back after the travel. And my study permit passed within 1 week.

Now I am applying for PR, do I need to list that travel in my travel history?

Because I left that company, that passport was revoked, so I don't have the visa stamps. Though I have boarding pass and passport information scan.

Thanks a million, I was worrying about this detail for quite some time.

Regards,
All travels in the last 10 years, irrespective of the duration, whether done on your current passport or an expired one have to be declared in your application. If you did not disclose any information in a prior application, you have to disclose it in your next application, as well as include a LoE explaining why that information was not disclosed earlier.

falcon999

Dec 31, 2021
All travels in the last 10 years, irrespective of the duration, whether done on your current passport or an expired one have to be declared in your application. If you did not disclose any information in a prior application, you have to disclose it in your next application, as well as include a LoE explaining why that information was not disclosed earlier.
Hello, thank you for your response. But will it complicate things? As all my previous visas and permits all didn't mention that. Thank you.

Dikku1111

Jul 30, 2019
No one asks that.
Thanks for your support.

But in case if they find out and raise query than is this possible they cancel our visa or they send back ?

I am asking silly question but need your answer.

Please let me know if there is immigration rule which is in my favour.

Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello, thank you for your response. But will it complicate things? As all my previous visas and permits all didn't mention that. Thank you.

As per law you have an obligation to be truthful. Section 16(1) of the IRPA states:
  • 16 (1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
Not disclosing information can lead to misrepresentation.

PrivateComstock

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
Hello @legalfalcon & everyone,

I'm waiting for PPR under OINP.
I'm also in the process of Canada ICT Visa. And due to this, I will most likely be in Canada before I get PPR under OINP PNP. But my destination for this ICT Visa is Calgary, Alberta.

Now I know I'm supposed to stay in the province that nominated me.
My question is can I continue to stay in Alberta by raising some kind of request. Or is there any other way to handle this so as to not jeopardize my PR status?

Thank you!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Is a re-medical requested after security is completed? I am nov 2020 aor with expired medicals, can I expect my security to be blank/passed on gcms now?
Usually, re-medical requests are the last thing and sent for those applications where the medicals have expired.

Reactions: Amiz

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon & everyone,

I'm waiting for PPR under OINP.
I'm also in the process of Canada ICT Visa. And due to this, I will most likely be in Canada before I get PPR under OINP PNP. But my destination for this ICT Visa is Calgary, Alberta.

Now I know I'm supposed to stay in the province that nominated me.
My question is can I continue to stay in Alberta by raising some kind of request. Or is there any other way to handle this so as to not jeopardize my PR status?

Thank you!
The short answer is no. For more details you can read the following:

https://bit.ly/3HM7lN9

Reactions: PrivateComstock

binder1232

Oct 28, 2013
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07th October 2020
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25 November 2020
AOR Received.
24 December 2020
IELTS Request
passed
File Transfer...
24 December 2020
Med's Request
Upfront done
Med's Done....
03/02/2021
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
24-06-2022
VISA ISSUED...
11 July 2022
LANDED..........
N.A.
Hello @legalfalcon ,

I recently promoted by my department and transferred to another city and my job is now more managerial duties from previous one. Should I let to know IRCC regarding this or not? Kindly suggest.

Princes2020

Jan 1, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon
I am inland pnp since Nov 2020 and my file is under security for past 4 months, eligibility passed last January and everything else also passed, medical extended.
I have to visit my home country for 7-8 weeks urgently and I likely lose my job here due to long leave. How this may impact my PR application if I lose job while being a pnp candidate? Any other impact on my application? I’ll be leaving family here though.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Hello @legalfalcon ,

I recently promoted by my department and transferred to another city and my job is now more managerial duties from previous one. Should I let to know IRCC regarding this or not? Kindly suggest.
We were in similar position with my partner. She has been promoted to CNM 1 which is Clinical Nurse Manager from Theatre Nurse. She is still doing her duties but what we have done it is that we have shown on the work experience that we are claiming points for that she has been working under NOC for Registered Nurse till May this year. In the private history we have shown that she is still working there as a nurse in the same hospital but on a different position. It is weird as she is still a nurse etc. On her work experience letter hospital clearly said what she is doing now and what she was doing before her promotion etc. I think you should do the same.

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
We were in similar position with my partner. She has been promoted to CNM 1 which is Clinical Nurse Manager from Theatre Nurse. She is still doing her duties but what we have done it is that we have shown on the work experience that we are claiming points for that she has been working under NOC for Registered Nurse till May this year. In the private history we have shown that she is still working there as a nurse in the same hospital but on a different position. It is weird as she is still a nurse etc. On her work experience letter hospital clearly said what she is doing now and what she was doing before her promotion etc. I think you should do the same.
It is different than your partner's case mate. In your partner's case promotion was before the AOR, and she was right on informing IRCC about it. However, in that person's case he got the promotion more than a year after his AOR.

You may even quit your job and live on your savings if you'd like. It is not IRCC's concern since your application has been locked at the date of your AOR.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
It is different than your partner's case mate. In your partner's case promotion was before the AOR, and she was right on informing IRCC about it. However, in that person's case he got the promotion more than a year after his AOR.

You may even quit your job and live on your savings if you'd like. It is not IRCC's concern since your application has been locked at the date of your AOR.
Thanks, I have misread that :)

Reactions: Glaber