Upfront
Med's Done....
12.11.2016 passed 21.11.2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
waiting
Dear lazybone and legalfalcon.

Today I got my PPR. And both of you have played major role in my journey.
I sincere wish to say thank you to both of you for your selfless attitude towards your fellow forums mates.

I have started this topic as a platform for everybody on this forum to say thank you to either of you or both of you....

Hope to see you. will be glad to be in touch.

Thanks and regards.

Gurpreet Singh

Reactions: CarlCoco

vishalg

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2015
NOC Code......
Surbhigurpreet said:

I sincere wish to say thank you to both of you for your selfless attitude towards your fellow forums mates.

I have started this topic as a platform for everybody on this forum to say thank you to either of you or both of you....

Thanks and regards.

Gurpreet Singh
congratulations and all the best for your life in Canada

Surbhigurpreet

Sep 12, 2016
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
waiting
vishalg said:
congratulations and all the best for your life in Canada
Thank you

lazybone

Champion Member
Jun 8, 2016
Surbhigurpreet said:

Thanks and regards.

Gurpreet Singh
Hey Gurpreet

Heartiest congratulations buddy and very happy for you! :)

Wishing you all the very best for your new life in Canada! :)

I did not quite think that I would be mentioned in any thread but thanks nonetheless buddy...

It was a pleasure and you are very very welcome... :)

Best wishes!!! :)

Surbhigurpreet

Sep 12, 2016
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
waiting
lazybone said:
Hey Gurpreet

Heartiest congratulations buddy and very happy for you! :)

Wishing you all the very best for your new life in Canada! :)

I did not quite think that I would be mentioned in any thread but thanks nonetheless buddy...

It was a pleasure and you are very very welcome... :)

Best wishes!!! :)
Lazybone u r most special member for me in this group... Hope to see u soon in Canada... There are still some queries in my mind.. will pm u soon... Till then cheers buddy... Once again thank u

pk22891

Nov 21, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon and @lazybone

today I have received a rejection for my express entry application. I applied for it under FSW-O. the reason for rejection was that a Victoria full license history search was not provided with my Australia PCC. I have stayed in Australia for 4 years and it seems like people who have lived in Victoria, Australia need to provide an additional document which is fine as I can do that but my question is that they have rejected my application just like that without even demanding the same document. I made the payment and finished with my AOR in November and since then I have been waiting to see some progress.

I feel they should have put my file on hold after demanding that document from me. now it seems like I have to make another profile wait for the invite and again make the payment for the application. What can I do to avoid going through the entire process again? is there any possibility they can reopen the file if I email them with the necessary documentation? going through the entire process would consume another 2 months time and I would have to pay another sum of money which is not at all a small amount.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon and @lazybone

today I have received a rejection for my express entry application. I applied for it under FSW-O. the reason for rejection was that a Victoria full license history search was not provided with my Australia PCC. I have stayed in Australia for 4 years and it seems like people who have lived in Victoria, Australia need to provide an additional document which is fine as I can do that but my question is that they have rejected my application just like that without even demanding the same document. I made the payment and finished with my AOR in November and since then I have been waiting to see some progress.

I feel they should have put my file on hold after demanding that document from me. now it seems like I have to make another profile wait for the invite and again make the payment for the application. What can I do to avoid going through the entire process again? is there any possibility they can reopen the file if I email them with the necessary documentation? going through the entire process would consume another 2 months time and I would have to pay another sum of money which is not at all a small amount.
Sorry to hear about the decision.

See this link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/australia.html

It clearly states:

If you live or have lived in Victoria, you must submit a full licence history search with your police certificate that goes back to your 18th birthday or the day on which your first Australian driver’s licence was issued. You can apply online through VicRoads.

Note: if you’re not able to provide a traffic history or a full licence history search, you must provide a letter issued by the Queensland and/or Victoria roads authority with your police certificate to confirm that you’ve never held a driver’s licence in that state.
Under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, as per Regulation 10, it is an applicant's absolute responsibility to file a complete application. If any of the the documents are missing, you have to either provide an explanation for the same or seek additional time. In absence of either, the application will be rejected as incomplete.

At this stage, you can request a reconsideration based on the COVID policy which states that no application should be rejected pending a missing document, but it will depend on when your application was filed with IRCC.

If your reconsideration request is approved, you will have your application re-opened.

Reactions: pk22891

pk22891

Nov 21, 2020
Sorry to hear about the decision.

See this link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/australia.html

It clearly states:

Under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, as per Regulation 10, it is an applicant's absolute responsibility to file a complete application. If any of the the documents are missing, you have to either provide an explanation for the same or seek additional time. In absence of either, the application will be rejected as incomplete.

At this stage, you can request a reconsideration based on the COVID policy which states that no application should be rejected pending a missing document, but it will depend on when your application was filed with IRCC.

If your reconsideration request is approved, you will have your application re-opened.
@legalfalcon

Thank you so much for your quick help on this. I was not aware of this document otherwise I would have surely supplied the same. If I apply for reconsideration under the covid policy then would it be approved considering the fact that I have applied for that document today after receiving rejection from IRCC. wouldn't that be easy for the visa officer to know that I have applied for this document today? I am concerned with the possibility if they request me to provide proof of application then I would not be able to do that as the application date would be of today rather than a date when i applied for PR.

if it is not approved then would I get full refund of my application fee?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Thank you so much for your quick help on this. I was not aware of this document otherwise I would have surely supplied the same. If I apply for reconsideration under the covid policy then would it be approved considering the fact that I have applied for that document today after receiving rejection from IRCC. wouldn't that be easy for the visa officer to know that I have applied for this document today? I am concerned with the possibility if they request me to provide proof of application then I would not be able to do that as the application date would be of today rather than a date when i applied for PR.

if it is not approved then would I get full refund of my application fee?

As per the COVID application intake:

Application intake
Intake of new permanent residence applications will continue. Files that are incomplete due to unavailable documents will be retained in the system and reviewed in 90 days.

New, complete permanent residence applications under section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) will be processed as per normal procedures while taking into consideration the additional processing guidance outlined in these instructions.

If a new application is missing supporting documentation (associated fees are required), the applicant should include an explanation with their application that they are affected by the service disruptions as a result of the novel coronavirus. The application may then be promoted and reviewed in 90 days.

New applications should be promoted in the order they were received, and the org ID should be associated with them when the applicant self-identifies. If the application is still incomplete in 90 days, officers should request the missing documents with an additional 90-day deadline.

Applications found to be incomplete with no explanation provided, or for reasons unrelated to the disruption of services associated with impacts of the novel coronavirus, may be rejected as per section R10, and all fees associated with the application should be refunded to the applicant. The reason for rejection should be unrelated to the disruption of services.

You can request a reconsideration, but most likely it will not be accepted, but no harm in trying.

For refunds, see https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=612&top=4

pk22891

Nov 21, 2020

Application intake
Intake of new permanent residence applications will continue. Files that are incomplete due to unavailable documents will be retained in the system and reviewed in 90 days.

New, complete permanent residence applications under section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) will be processed as per normal procedures while taking into consideration the additional processing guidance outlined in these instructions.

If a new application is missing supporting documentation (associated fees are required), the applicant should include an explanation with their application that they are affected by the service disruptions as a result of the novel coronavirus. The application may then be promoted and reviewed in 90 days.

New applications should be promoted in the order they were received, and the org ID should be associated with them when the applicant self-identifies. If the application is still incomplete in 90 days, officers should request the missing documents with an additional 90-day deadline.

Applications found to be incomplete with no explanation provided, or for reasons unrelated to the disruption of services associated with impacts of the novel coronavirus, may be rejected as per section R10, and all fees associated with the application should be refunded to the applicant. The reason for rejection should be unrelated to the disruption of services.

You can request a reconsideration, but most likely it will not be accepted, but no harm in trying.

For refunds, see https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=612&top=4
Thank you so much for this:)

Reactions: legalfalcon

pk22891

Nov 21, 2020

Application intake

A quick question....while I was applying for this license history report I recalled an incident where I shared my drivers' license(issued by my home country, never owned a victoria license) details with a friend who accidentally crossed the red light signal. I shared my details to prevent him from getting demerit points as we got that fine transferred to my name and he made the payment. he was running low on point and anyway in next few days from the incident date I was about to leave county as I was on visa and had never owned a car during my stay in Australia due to my extensive use of public transportation/walking.

Is this incident going to be a big hurdle in getting my PR? I am very nervous because of this incident. VicRoads said that there was an incident under my name so I'm sure that this is the incident that is there in their system.

Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
A quick question....while I was applying for this license history report I recalled an incident where I shared my drivers' license(issued by my home country, never owned a victoria license) details with a friend who accidentally crossed the red light signal. I shared my details to prevent him from getting demerit points as we got that fine transferred to my name and he made the payment. he was running low on point and anyway in next few days from the incident date I was about to leave county as I was on visa and had never owned a car during my stay in Australia due to my extensive use of public transportation/walking.

Is this incident going to be a big hurdle in getting my PR? I am very nervous because of this incident. VicRoads said that there was an incident under my name so I'm sure that this is the incident that is there in their system.

Thank you

Usually traffic offences are minor offences and do not lead to serious criminality, but will depend on the charge. If you were diving way over the speed limit, or recklessly, which is equivalent of dangerous driving in Canada, then you will have to disclose it and see what is the equal charge in Canada. If you were charged with an offence which would be an indictable offence in Canada, then you will have to apply for criminal rehabilitation.

But this will all depend on the charge.

Reactions: pk22891