+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thailand: When do I send the in the police and medical clearance?

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
While reading the Immigrant's Sponsorship guide Part II, Page 6 under Security Requirements, it says ..FOR THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES, POLICE CERTIFICATES SHOULD NOT BE OBTAINED BEFORE APPLYING FOR IMMIGRATION. YOU MAY RECEIVE SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS AT A LATER DATE ABOUT POLICE CERTIFICATES FOR THESE COUNTRIES: Afghanistan, Honduras, Thailand, Costa Rica, Hong Kong, Ukraine, Fiji, Poland, United Kingdom, French Polynesia, Singapore, Venezuela.

Does anyone have experience with this? Do I send in the Medical and Police Clearance to Mississauga or can I wait for Part A)Sponsorship approval and then send it in once I have been notified of this?

graham

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
for a small free re:50$ most immigration lawers will provide you with a counsiltation,I am not too sure but a professional or someone who knows more here should be able to help...hope ur sweetie is here soon,the wait SUCKS!

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
This was asked before.. you send the medicals but you don't send the police clearance until you are asked by the embassy.

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
Thanks, this is helpful advice but risky no? Basically, the entire package could be sent in and Sponsorship approved, then sent on to Singapore and then the police clearance is requested but the what if the person isn't cleared? The entire application fee would be lost, no? I ask this because I have found out that my husband was arrested in his University days for fighting and he was fingerprinted at that time. How can I know if he will be cleared?

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Well I don't know what the procedures are there but in my husband's country it's simle to get PCC's, you can get one to see if anything comes up I suppose and then get another one when they request one. I don't know how indepth they go and how long ago your husband was fingerprinted. Better be clear before you send everything in. Also I think it depends what kind of charge it was and has it been cleared up since. Maybe someone with Thailand experience could answer you..

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not sure where you got that quote from. I checked both the Sponsorship Guide and the Immigrant's Guide but couldn't find anything about waiting to send in your police report. Are you sure that you have the OUTLAND guide (assuming this is what you are doing.) Perhaps you can clarify: are you filing INLAND or OUTLAND?? The country-specific guide for Thailand says to include the police report with your application. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3906e.pdf This is for an OUTLAND application.

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
This is not clear to me then. Another member on this Forum doing an Outland Sponsorship of a spouse while living in Thailand has stated to me in a PM that they sent in the entire package+medical and they were approved for Sponsorship and the package sent onto to Singapore. They are awaiting for Singapore to send them the police clearance request.
Forum, please clarify this for me.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

thaihubbie said:
This is not clear to me then. Another member on this Forum doing an Outland Sponsorship of a spouse while living in Thailand has stated to me in a PM that they sent in the entire package+medical and they were approved for Sponsorship and the package sent onto to Singapore. They are awaiting for Singapore to send them the police clearance request.
Forum, please clarify this for me.

For Thailand it doesn't appear that you need a request from CIC to obtain a PCC. Read : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/thailand.asp

PMM

jvhd

Dec 28, 2008
Hi Thaihubbie,

Just a clarification as I think you referred to me in a previous post.

1) The only item missing to submit the first package to CIC-Mississauga was an Australian police check
2) Singapore office suggested me to send package to CIC-Mississauga and to send the Australian police check later to them directly
3) Package was sent to CIC-Mississauga
4) Document was was missing so when I replied to CIC-Mississauga I sent the Australian police check (that I have received meanwhile)

IF you are ready to send everything except the police check, you can do so. Then you can send the police check to the Singapore office when you have it (and proper Client ID number).

But in all cases, you need to get the Police check to the Singapore Office, sooner or later. The idea is to permit Sponsorship evaluation first and not delay everything waiting for police check.

Cheers,
Jean

PS
The Police Check in Bangkok is really easy to get. The y have alot of staff for this task. It's basically I walk in, what do you want, go sit there, wait 2 min, then do the papers, go sit down 5 min, do take picture, go sit down 5 min and request to be delivered to your home address or to be picked up the next day or so.

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
This is case specific to Thailand...

The way I understand it is the forms tell the applicant to wait until the regional office sends a letter to the applicant awaiting the PCC. Althought the website tells differently :O...

It makes sense to send the PCC later since it expires in 6 months. Since most cases, through CPC-S, take more than 6 months, I figured not to send the PCC until now (4 months later). I don't see any wrong in it unless they completed the application early (30% of applications) and I had to wait for their letter, then I send the PCC, etc. (i.e. snail mail). Hopefully the application can be completed before the medical expires in 1 year. If not, I have to re-do the medical/PCC/etc.....

confusing forms + tense people (me) = not fun :(

ct