+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TFW or FSW Category 2?

xylver

Jun 24, 2009
Hi everyone...

Two months ago, I received a job offer in Northern BC. I have already gathered all the documents that I need except the LMO. Unfortunately, the school's request for LMO was refused due to the annual salary they offered me which according to Service Canada didn't meet the average annual salary for teachers in BC. The Vice Principal called me and said that the decision was crazy because the salary that I've been offered, which honestly I think is fair enough, is the same amount of salary their regular teachers are receiving. He further asked me if it's fine that they furnish a new contract changing the annual salary to per hour rate (which would approximately be the same as the annual salary when added) so as to satisfy Service Canada about the matter. Now, they are going to appeal to Service Canada.

Meanwhile, the Principal asked me if I could just apply for landed immigration (as what he termed it). So, I looked into the CIC website and found out that I may qualify for FSW Category 2, NOC 4141. The Principal, being aware that PR applications demand more time, assured me that if I choose this kind of immigration the job will still be there when I arrive.

I'm now wondering which one I should consider. I know that if I choose FSW the school needs to file a new application to Service Canada for AEO. Right? FSW requires more time, more money and is more complicated whereas TFW is faster, cheaper and less complicated. Besides, I already have all the documents for the TFW application but LMO. Is there any chance that Service Canada will change its decision given that the school that wishes to hire me satisfy Service Canada's requirements through the appeal process? Do you have any idea how long it will take to get the LMO when it's being appealed? My job starts on Sept 1. I'm applying from outside Canada. Do you think I could still make it? Can someone enlighten me, please?

Gratefully Yours,

xylver