waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
hi all,

i am currently working as a food counter attendant in one of red deer' s ab fast food joints. my visa and work permit will be expiring this year, october to be precise. i am aware that i can't apply for a PR as of the moment because my job is not a skilled job. so that leaves me to what options? id really love to stay and live permanently here given the chance.

How does CEC work?
Does anyone here have an idea if i can still apply under the low skilled pilot project? the one with 600 slots? Do i really need to have three years of experience to qualify?

thanks. any information will be greatly appreciated. God bless us all. :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply for PR under AINP because food counter attendant is one of the low skill occupations supported. I do not know if you need 3 years experience but you do have to have been working for your employer for at least 6 months and your employer needs to support your application. You should discuss this with AINP.

You can forget CEC. It is only for people who are doing skilled jobs.

If you have enough qualifications/points to apply under the skilled worker program and one year continuous skilled work experience at some time in the past, you can apply under FSW category 3 after you have worked in Canada for a year.

reddeerrebel

Feb 10, 2010
AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
thanks leon for your prompt reply.

im not just sure though about the number of experience in order to qualify for the AINP category under my job description. i was just told 3 years. so i was surprised when i came across this one post that i can start applying as early as 6 months. id like to be really sure and informed before i talk to my employer. thanks again. :)

i have been working in the phils for the past 5 years or so and surprisingly the job/s that i held there didnt seem to be too skilled for Canada. :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can read about the program at http://www.alberta-canada.com/immigration/immigrate/foodservices.html or call AINP and ask them. I see they have changed the 6 months to 9 that you have to work in Alberta before you can apply. The 3 years experience as a food counter attendant or related does not have to be from Alberta.

reddeerrebel

Feb 10, 2010
AB, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
thanks again!

the 3 years work experience doesnt have to be in Canada/Alberta but it does have to be related with food right? unfortunately i dont have this kind of experience. :( i am on the way to my second year now, so unless my employer promotes me or something i guess i will have to just wait then.

thanks so much Leon!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you were to get promoted to a shift manager or something like that and get a new work permit to reflect that position, that would allow you to apply under CEC after 2 years on the new work permit.