+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TFC to LCP

Nyl.a

Sep 18, 2012
hi, i came here under TFC program. its been 7 months now that im working as counter food attendant. My friend told me to switch in to LCP and look for a nanny or elderly care job. If that so, is it possible? what should i do? If ever there is a family to sponsor me and process all the papers like the LMO. do i need to exit then? thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Do you have the necessary qualifications for LCP (training or one year experience within the last three years)? You can send the application to NYC or LA.

Nyl.a said:
hi, i came here under TFC program. its been 7 months now that im working as counter food attendant. My friend told me to switch in to LCP and look for a nanny or elderly care job. If that so, is it possible? what should i do? If ever there is a family to sponsor me and process all the papers like the LMO. do i need to exit then? thanks

Nyl.a

Sep 18, 2012
I worked in israel for 5 years for elderly. But this would be my first time to work as nanny. I finished my college ( bachelor ine elementary education ) and i have certificate for caregiving course.

Nyl.a

Sep 18, 2012
So once my LMO is being released, Is it HRDC or my employer gonna send the LMO? Could you tell me please the whole process once my LMO released. Thanks

Nyl.a

Sep 18, 2012
Usually how many months for the LMO to be released? And how many days i'll gonna wait if i exit?

marinhel529

Feb 7, 2012
job_seeker said:
Do you have the necessary qualifications for LCP (training or one year experience within the last three years)? You can send the application to NYC or LA.
Theres a rumour saying that switching to LCP dont work because if you intend to apply for permanent residency after 24months of fulltime work CIC require that a candidate should be originally came to Canada under the LCP program not other program. I guess if you really want to do it you must exit canada and re enter under the LCP.

I suggest check the website about LCP and who can apply and better yet get an advice from a immigration lawyer.

I hope it helps

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Note that if you sent your application for the work permit to the US, that is tantamount to having applied OUTSIDE of Canada. The applicant will get the work permit at the border so s/he would have exited the country and entered under LCP. It has been done before.

marinhel529 said:
Theres a rumour saying that switching to LCP dont work because if you intend to apply for permanent residency after 24months of fulltime work CIC require that a candidate should be originally came to Canada under the LCP program not other program. I guess if you really want to do it you must exit canada and re enter under the LCP.

I suggest check the website about LCP and who can apply and better yet get an advice from a immigration lawyer.

I hope it helps

Nyl.a

Sep 18, 2012
Thanks marinhel and job-seeker :)

My visa will expired on dec 7 and my work permit on jan 21. Someone told me i dont have enough time to shift in to LCP, because LMO takes 3 months and US requires a visa with 6 months validity if i will apply for US visa for my exit. Pls advise me if there is a hope for my situation. Thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You may not need to go to the US to do this. Just send the application to LA or NYC consulates. Hopefully, you're not called for interview and that you qualify under the program. Another alternative is for you to be a nanny or au pair first (application can be sent to CPC-Vegreville).

If you decide to go for the LCP, you'll be getting a new TRV and hopefully more than two years WP under the LCP depending upon the contract. You can send an extension of your stay (as a visitor, not as a worker) before your WP expires.

Nyl.a said:
Thanks marinhel and job-seeker :)

My visa will expired on dec 7 and my work permit on jan 21. Someone told me i dont have enough time to shift in to LCP, because LMO takes 3 months and US requires a visa with 6 months validity if i will apply for US visa for my exit. Pls advise me if there is a hope for my situation. Thanks

Nyl.a

Sep 18, 2012
can i apply TRV though i left my employer and i have no prospective employer now? can i apply for a visitors visa while im here? how many months the TRV valid? either way, are these process requires me leave canada and get the visa being stamped in my country/border or i can stay here continuous once the visa approved? how many months for the TRV or visitors valid? thanks