+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tests for English Language

Taiseer

May 10, 2009
Dear Helpers,

I am applying for Canada Immigration as a Skilled Worker and has the following background:
- BSc in Civil Engineering (Palestine, Gaza Strip)
- MSc in Water Resources and Environment (Jordan in the Middle East)
- Currently as a PhD candidate (in Germany) in the field of Hydrogeology.
- I have publishe/participated in publishing three journal paper in international journal in our field of research (in English)

All of study as well as my research were/are fully conducted in English. I attached a declaration of me regard my English proficiency. I am also going to attach three letters for the universities (BSc, MSc and PhD) that English is the main study/research language.

I have here some questions:
(1) To which extent should I make an official test for English language
(2) What happen if I do not make such test (actually I have no money / no time to do a test)
(3) Could I find a way to make the test after being preliminary accepted
(4) what are the test that are recognized by them and what are the grades/level that one should have

Thank you very much

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi taiseer,

I am afraid there is no going around the IELTS exam. Even applicants whose first language is english are encouraged to take the test. As per the new instructions, all documents must be submitted altogether. That means including the IELTS test results. This is true only if we follow the instructions to the letter.

Maybe others have gotten around it with having to submit only the exam date letter because they have only registered for the exam but have not taken it yet?