+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tested positive for COVID

fasu92

Sep 21, 2017
Hi,

I am helping out a friend who is an international student. She tested positive for COVID in the past 3 days alongside her family. They were already in quarantine because her dad tested positive first on Aug 21 so she would technically finish her original quarantine period on Sept 3. She is fully vaccinated (Pfizer).

Question is can she travel to Canada post Sept 3 or does she have to wait until she's recovered fully from COVID (how do we know this, she's not exhibiting any symptoms right now), wait 14 days and then travel to Canada?

Thanks!

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
Hi,

I am helping out a friend who is an international student. She tested positive for COVID in the past 3 days alongside her family. They were already in quarantine because her dad tested positive first on Aug 21 so she would technically finish her original quarantine period on Sept 3. She is fully vaccinated (Pfizer).

Question is can she travel to Canada post Sept 3 or does she have to wait until she's recovered fully from COVID (how do we know this, she's not exhibiting any symptoms right now), wait 14 days and then travel to Canada?

Thanks!
She will certainly need a negative COVID test, and if that test is negative it ( most likely ) means she’s not infectious , that should suffice
Although I think it might be safe to wait until 14 days *after* the negative test

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi,

Thanks!
She can wait 14 days and provided she does not experience any covid symptoms, can declare on APP and travel to Canada. She can take test to confirm negative prior to her travel but she might be subjected to random test at POE depending on the information she provided

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
She can still test positive and can continue to do so for the next 90 days. She can only travel at least 14 days after her first positive test. So even if she tests positive post 14 days, she should present both positive tests to the arline and she should be allowed to travel.

She must confirm this with her airline though, as different airlines have different requirements for the pre-departure PCR tests.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Thanks!
Most flights will require you to present a negative covid test.