+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

test to oath timeline just 1 week

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
hi, I saw some post who had oath scheduled in 1 week after test. can you guys share who it was. does cic send letter so fast in mail that you get the oath invite in less than week.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Probably Mississauga. Mine was also 1 week. Just after passing my test and interview, they personally gave me the oath letter right there before I left. So I got the letter the same day as my test day.

Mississauga is the only office I know that does this. And they don't do this all the time either (and no one knows why sometimes they do this and other times they do not).

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
keesio said:
Probably Mississauga. Mine was also 1 week. Just after passing my test and interview, they personally gave me the oath letter right there before I left. So I got the letter the same day as my test day.

Mississauga is the only office I know that does this. And they don't do this all the time either (and no one knows why sometimes they do this and other times they do not).
nice keesio you were lucky. one question since one of my friend also got the same he was surprised that the paper was not pink letter . it was just 3 white pages of photocopy no name written. was it the same for you. And did your ecase got updated or did not bother to check and just went for oath next week as per the date and time. Just curious to know without proper address and name on the form when you go for oath how they know u were invited. And what is the declaration paper is it something extra you get on oath day to sign and return?

RQ2012

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
keesio said:

I believe even Scarborough office gives oath invitations on the day of the test.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
blueshirt said:
nice keesio you were lucky. one question since one of my friend also got the same he was surprised that the paper was not pink letter . it was just 3 white pages of photocopy no name written. was it the same for you. And did your ecase got updated or did not bother to check and just went for oath next week as per the date and time. Just curious to know without proper address and name on the form when you go for oath how they know u were invited. And what is the declaration paper is it something extra you get on oath day to sign and return?
The oath invite letter was on white paper, single page (I think). With no name/address. It was obvious that they just had a pile of these generic invitations and gave them out to the people who passed test and interview. When you go to the oath ceremony, all they need is your ID (PR card) and they then look you up on their list to see if you are scheduled for the oath on that day. They don't even look at the oath invite letter.

My eCAS was updated about 2 weeks before my test saying that a test invitation letter was mailed out to me. After that I never got another update until a few days AFTER my oath ceremony saying that I became a citizen and my application is closed.

the declaration paper is something they have prepared for you AFTER you take the oath. They call you up one by one and the judge shakes your hand and then you go to a table where have the your paper all ready for you to sign (there is someone there that makes sure the paper on the table is for you) and they give you a pen. You sign it and then they take it and presumably file it somewhere.

novembre2013

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
blueshirt said:
hi, I saw some post who had oath scheduled in 1 week after test. can you guys share who it was. does cic send letter so fast in mail that you get the oath invite in less than week.
hi, in my case it was Missaussauga office;they gave me the notice at the end of the interview and no color paper.
actually, he printed out while interviewing me.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
novembre2013 so on the paper was your client ID/application ID/file no. printed or was it empty. when u went for oath did you filled the client id yourself or officer did. how they know you are scheduled for oath if the oath papers does not have your client id on it. how many pages you got

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
Thanks keesio. What happens to kids do they go with parents to table and sign declaration. So total 2 papers to sign one is to give consent for photography and other paper they give on oath day to sign am i right.

keesio said:
The oath invite letter was on white paper, single page (I think). With no name/address. It was obvious that they just had a pile of these generic invitations and gave them out to the people who passed test and interview. When you go to the oath ceremony, all they need is your ID (PR card) and they then look you up on their list to see if you are scheduled for the oath on that day. They don't even look at the oath invite letter.

My eCAS was updated about 2 weeks before my test saying that a test invitation letter was mailed out to me. After that I never got another update until a few days AFTER my oath ceremony saying that I became a citizen and my application is closed.

the declaration paper is something they have prepared for you AFTER you take the oath. They call you up one by one and the judge shakes your hand and then you go to a table where have the your paper all ready for you to sign (there is someone there that makes sure the paper on the table is for you) and they give you a pen. You sign it and then they take it and presumably file it somewhere.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
blueshirt said:
Any one recently got oath in mississauga please share experience. Is oath paper without client id written
Anyone who got the oath letter on the same day as the test day in Mississauga, that oath letter will be a generic letter. I'm looking at mine again now. File No., Client ID and Date field are all BLANK. It is a 2 page white printout. The 2nd page is a consent form where you can give your consent to have your picture taken my any media that may be present for the ceremony (there was no media at mine). You can sign it and give it to an official on oath day if you consent.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
blueshirt said:
Thanks keesio. What happens to kids do they go with parents to table and sign declaration. So total 2 papers to sign one is to give consent for photography and other paper they give on oath day to sign am i right.
My wife followed me to the table and took a very close picture of me signing. So family can accompany you to the table.

Yeah there is a consent for photography form to sign which you can give them when you arrive and the other paper they will have prepared for you so you can sign after your give the oath to the judge.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
Thanks ;D

keesio said:
My wife followed me to the table and took a very close picture of me signing. So family can accompany you to the table.

Yeah there is a consent for photography form to sign which you can give them when you arrive and the other paper they will have prepared for you so you can sign after your give the oath to the judge.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Mississauga is a cool, laid back office. They encourage people to take photos when they can. They appreciated the people who dressed up a bit and took a lot of photos because it showed the officials there that the people cared and was really excited to become citizens.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
keesio is the oath invite letter must if someone forget or loose will he be denied oath invite.
one more question is the citizenship certificate printed on oath date or they already preprint it and make it ready. what is written on the front and back of the certificate does it say our first landing dates or its just having name. any sort of expiry date written. is the certificate laminated or is it like CORP and we have to handle it delicately as I saw children being handed over the certificate instead of their parents as small kids can tear or bend the paper mistakenly

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
They will want the signed consent form (2nd page). I don't recall them even looking at the oath invite letter itself.

The oath date is printed on the citizenship certificate. The certificate is already signed (by the minister of immigration) and preprinted with your name, oath date, UCI number, date of birth, certificate number, and maybe some other identity information (like your gender, etc). There is no expiry date since the certificate does not expire.

It is not laminated but they give it to you in a plastic cover in addition to a congratulations letter from the Prime Minister.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
thanks keesio, I heard the landing papers is stamped and returned back. is it right? what kind of stamping they do on the landing papers.. maybe I am wrong so asking if it gets stamped.

keesio said:
They will want the signed consent form (2nd page). I don't recall them even looking at the oath invite letter itself.

The oath date is printed on the citizenship certificate. The certificate is already signed (by the minister of immigration) and preprinted with your name, oath date, UCI number, date of birth, certificate number, and maybe some other identity information (like your gender, etc). There is no expiry date since the certificate does not expire.

It is not laminated but they give it to you in a plastic cover in addition to a congratulations letter from the Prime Minister.