+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test invite, do I need to take my kids documents as well

rizcom123

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Members/ Experts,

Please can you share your experience on family application? I have applied with 2 of my kids, on the test invitation they haven't mentioned anything about kids such as passport or school reports to bring.

My time line:

Application received Jan 20th 2014.
Book received Feb 27th 2014.
Start process Mar 11th 2014.
Test Letter dated 9th October for Test on 24th.
Local Office Scarborough.

Oct 17, 2014
Hi,

No need at all. My test was on Oct. 1 in Mississauga, and we (and my wife) did take all the original documents that we submitted for the kids. However, the officer literally said we don't need to see any of that. They asked all of us to get our
- Passports
- PR card
- Health card and driving license
- COPR
in hand, and not even inside any file. So, they can process things fast!

Hope that helps. Prepare well for the test as some questions might be tricky. Good luck!

rizcom123

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mississauga_2014 said:
Hi,

No need at all. My test was on Oct. 1 in Mississauga, and we (and my wife) did take all the original documents that we submitted for the kids. However, the officer literally said we don't need to see any of that. They asked all of us to get our
- Passports
- PR card
- Health card and driving license
- COPR
in hand, and not even inside any file. So, they can process things fast!

Hope that helps. Prepare well for the test as some questions might be tricky. Good luck!
Thank you so much Missisauga_2014. That means I have to take my children passports, health cards, COPR, and PR cards?

Kelly77

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rizcom123 said:
Hi Members/ Experts,

Please can you share your experience on family application? I have applied with 2 of my kids, on the test invitation they haven't mentioned anything about kids such as passport or school reports to bring.

My time line:

Application received Jan 20th 2014.
Book received Feb 27th 2014.
Start process Mar 11th 2014.
Test Letter dated 9th October for Test on 24th.
Local Office Scarborough.
I'd recommend you must. They checked my husband and 2 kids passports. My hubby took test a month ago. Usually people say no need but the officer checked my kids passports and IMM9252

RQ2012

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
It would be advisable to take kids' documents including original birth certificates. Make sure, you have with you whatever is mentioned in the test invitation letter. Else, the process might be considerably delayed.
All the best for the test.

rizcom123

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Kelly77 and RQ2012.

I will take the original documents, do I need to photocopy the originals as well.

Thanks

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We applied as a family and we received one invite in my name "the Dad",does my wife need an invite letter as well, what is your experience? i am planing of bringing everything to the test, just in case, better be safe then sorry...

rizcom123

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
basharar said:
We applied as a family and we received one invite in my name "the Dad",does my wife need an invite letter as well, what is your experience? i am planing of bringing everything to the test, just in case, better be safe then sorry...
Check your wife's application status in e-CAS, it may have updated, because in my case e-CAS updated first and after 6 days I received the test invite letter.

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife is showing a test invitation on ecas, but we only received one letter in my name, is that normal

RQ2012

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
basharar said:
Yes, even your wife is supposed to have received the invite. It might be a good idea to call the call center.

RQ2012

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
basharar said:
My wife is showing a test invitation on ecas, but we only received one letter in my name, is that normal
Check the mailing address in your wife's ecas. In our case, my test invite was delivered to the correct address, but my wife's invite was sent to our old address (although the CIC had the new address in my wife's file).