+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test experience

tejaswi vanguri

Oct 16, 2019
Can someone share your experience with citizenship test. Is it so hard i am bit nervous i have two kids one is a new born hardly getting any time for preparation. Your inputs may give me some scope. Thank you

Reactions: Rorosgurl

stellar79

Nov 26, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2018
AOR Received.
21-02-2018
Med's Request
31-05-2018
Med's Done....
31-05-2018
Interview........
No
Can someone share your experience with citizenship test. Is it so hard i am bit nervous i have two kids one is a new born hardly getting any time for preparation. Your inputs may give me some scope. Thank you
No, not really. Make sure you read the book thoroughly. And do 414 questions on youtubr. What i did? I started with 414 questions. And i played that video for 3-4 times, I remember all questions from the video and while reading book, it all made sense

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Read the book at least twice, including all the notes, and have a look at a few tests (free, no need to pay) online or in your phone's store and you should be good to go.

There may be a couple of tricky questions, but most of them should be fairly easy and getting 15/20 definitely reachable with some preparation.

Good luck.

guitarman

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
I was also really nervous, despite the fact that I have a PhD, I'm incredibly nervous when it come to taking tests, as my memory can hesitate under pressure. I also have two young children under the age of 5, so with tiredness factored in plus not much time to study I was nervous. I recommend studying over a period of time. I read the book twice but also used the notes in this forum, and studied of a period of about two weeks, just reading a bit every night, but also taking time to learn about Federal, Provincial and Municipal politics. Who my MPs and Premiers are. It's really fascinating when you start to learn it.

I ended up getting a 20 out of 20, so my fears were unjustified, but I did put in some time. So that's what I recommend as well.

Regarding the actual test, I'd say the vast majority of the questions were super easy. Even if I got the more difficult questions wrong, I still would have passed. Some of the more difficult questions could just be figured out via deduction. For example, a question about who invented penicillin might have Justin Trudeau, John Macdonald and Terry Fox as three of the answers. If you read the book, those other people will be pretty obvious, so even though you don't need to memorize who invented it, you can figure it out.

As other have said, just read the book a couple of times, read the notes on this forum, and you will be fine.

tejaswi vanguri

Oct 16, 2019
I was also really nervous, despite the fact that I have a PhD, I'm incredibly nervous when it come to taking tests, as my memory can hesitate under pressure. I also have two young children under the age of 5, so with tiredness factored in plus not much time to study I was nervous. I recommend studying over a period of time. I read the book twice but also used the notes in this forum, and studied of a period of about two weeks, just reading a bit every night, but also taking time to learn about Federal, Provincial and Municipal politics. Who my MPs and Premiers are. It's really fascinating when you start to learn it.

I ended up getting a 20 out of 20, so my fears were unjustified, but I did put in some time. So that's what I recommend as well.

Regarding the actual test, I'd say the vast majority of the questions were super easy. Even if I got the more difficult questions wrong, I still would have passed. Some of the more difficult questions could just be figured out via deduction. For example, a question about who invented penicillin might have Justin Trudeau, John Macdonald and Terry Fox as three of the answers. If you read the book, those other people will be pretty obvious, so even though you don't need to memorize who invented it, you can figure it out.

As other have said, just read the book a couple of times, read the notes on this forum, and you will be fine.
Wow your answer is really amazing thanks a lot for giving your reply in details and allotting your valuable time too.

Rorosgurl

Jan 5, 2014
london ontario
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
October 12th 2013
AOR Received.
October 17th 2013
File Transfer...
December 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
September 6th 2013
I am also very nervous with two sick kids with this new virus. I started reading the book yesterday bc I had a ghost update and I didn’t want to waste time and wait until I get a test invite.
My question is for those who took the test. Are there a lot of questions about years and names?

Reactions: tejaswi vanguri

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
Hi All, due to some personal reasons I only had 5 days before the deadline to prepare for the exam. I did not expect I will pass in 1 shot, but i did with flying colours and here is what I did.

1. I picked a website that offer mock tests. Chapter wise and over all. At the time i was not aware of this forum, so I did google search and went with the option that resonates the most. I used CitizenshipSupport.ca website paid version.i think it was around $30 for 1 year access. They have money back guarantee so I took my shot. It was one of the best spent given how well organized the questions were.
2. I read each chapters 1st from the book and then took the test for that chapters until i scored 100. MCQ format really helped me in remembering the stories and dates. Then read the chapter 1 last time before moving to the next chapter. This method helped me in creating a sequence in my head when it started, what happened and how it ended.
3. As I finished all the chapters I then took the final mock with the timer. Becuase how well organized each chapter mock was I did really well in the first attempt scored over 80.
4. I did repeat the final mock few times as there were only 20 questions till i felt confident. And took the final citizenship exam while the rod was hot.

Final thoughts - Citizenship exam is filled with loaded informations with various similar dates. I will recommend you to read chapterwise first to last in sequence and create a pattern in your head or you need to just find a way to remember those dates and stories. Which ever website you choose for the questionnaires please make sure they are upto date. Regardless how many questions you practice please read every line in the book from 1st to last.

Hope this will help someone. All the best!

Nov 28, 2022
Just read the discover canada book until comfortable. The test is relatively easy if you have read the book.