+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Experience - advice for Self employed

vias

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I just came back from test. Test passed & Interview went smooth.

Just wanted to share my Interview experience.

Officer asked PR Card, Landing paper, Passport. He had quick look and returned PR card & Landing paper.

Asked me if i am still working for same incorporated company, I said yes.

I asked , are you interested in seeing Corporation notice of assessment ?. Office said Off course Yes, He took photo copy of all of them.

He asked me if i am carrying Individual/Personal notice of assessment or T4's, but unfortunately I didn't take those with me.

Later I showed him My Corporation Certificate & Notice of Articles. He checked and returned it. No photo copy taken.

He started looking at my pass port and trying to find out the absences i have mentioned in my application. Then i gave him my CBSA (Canada) & CBP ( US ) report, he looked happy to see those. Also he took a photo copy of both the reports and returned originals to me. He did a comparison of my Passport, CBSA , CBP reports with my application dates.

Finally i showed my new born Canadian daughter birth certificate, he looked at it but not taken any photo copy.

Since some the the posts here says chance of triggering RQ for Self employed, i took all these additional documentation.

They saying if Judge happy with all these documentation i should receive a Oath letter in 3 to 4 months. Hope I will receive it soon :).

So self employees please carry Assessment for both Corporate & Individual, Corp Certificate, Notice of Articles. Do not hesitate to tell them what are all the additional documents you have ( They wouldn't know unless we say it )

Hope it helps some forum members.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
i have a question:

if a person is pre test RQ and he already submitted all the documentation do he still need to carry anything on test date or can go empty handed just the passports, PR card, photo ID, landing papers.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also there is other kind of self employed person who does the activities under the personal name without opening a company but still has NoA with income such as consultants or buy/sell/build investment properties under own name.

osamaamany

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
vias said:
Hi Everyone,

I just came back from test. Test passed & Interview went smooth.

Just wanted to share my Interview experience.

Officer asked PR Card, Landing paper, Passport. He had quick look and returned PR card & Landing paper.

Asked me if i am still working for same incorporated company, I said yes.

I asked , are you interested in seeing Corporation notice of assessment ?. Office said Off course Yes, He took photo copy of all of them.

He asked me if i am carrying Individual/Personal notice of assessment or T4's, but unfortunately I didn't take those with me.

Later I showed him My Corporation Certificate & Notice of Articles. He checked and returned it. No photo copy taken.

He started looking at my pass port and trying to find out the absences i have mentioned in my application. Then i gave him my CBSA (Canada) & CBP ( US ) report, he looked happy to see those. Also he took a photo copy of both the reports and returned originals to me. He did a comparison of my Passport, CBSA , CBP reports with my application dates.

Finally i showed my new born Canadian daughter birth certificate, he looked at it but not taken any photo copy.

Since some the the posts here says chance of triggering RQ for Self employed, i took all these additional documentation.

They saying if Judge happy with all these documentation i should receive a Oath letter in 3 to 4 months. Hope I will receive it soon :).

So self employees please carry Assessment for both Corporate & Individual, Corp Certificate, Notice of Articles. Do not hesitate to tell them what are all the additional documents you have ( They wouldn't know unless we say it )

Hope it helps some forum members.
I started my work here as a taxi driver for a short time like around a year then turn to buying and selling used cars but not have a register company yet, so as self employed what document you suggest to take with me other my NOA .. By the way , my test is on June 18, 2014 , tomorrow :)

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
osamaamany said:
I started my work here as a taxi driver for a short time like around a year then turn to buying and selling used cars but not have a register company yet, so as self employed what document you suggest to take with me other my NOA .. By the way , my test is on June 18, 2014 , tomorrow :)
I would suggest you take NOA covering last 4 years plus any other work related documents like used car selling/buying sales/purchase documents etc which are in your own name. As a self employed w/o company registered mainly NOA should cover as work document.. Share your test experience once it done..

vias

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blueshirt said:
i have a question:

if a person is pre test RQ and he already submitted all the documentation do he still need to carry anything on test date or can go empty handed just the passports, PR card, photo ID, landing papers.
My suggestion would be take all the documents and keep it separately. First give the passports, PR card, photo ID, landing papers to officer, while he is checking those politely say what are all the additional documents you have.

Keep in mind don't just read out complete list of documents you have, give a small gap.