+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test date notification

Samira2008

Jun 20, 2015
Hi every one! does anybody know how long before the test they will notify us? and if I will be notified by mail or E-mail.

ezz1981

Star Member
Apr 27, 2013
Some people have reported getting test invites via email. So depending on your local office, you might get an email or regular mail. As for the waiting period between the letter and the test date, it can be two weeks to a month. I remember, mine was a month. There are few people who gotten the letter and had a week to two weeks to prepare for the test.

Good Luck.

Smile_Canada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think its hard to find pattern in CIC or predict anything

If i check March tracker, there are few people from Vancouver who have given their tests within 3 mnths from sending their application, and few who are still waiting for files to be transfered.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Samira2008 said:
hi! were you informed about the test by mail or e-mail?

I have got test invite by mail however couple of people have received oath/test invite by email.

Keep monitoring your email and the physical mailbox.

Here are couple of links for your reference:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/test-invitation-by-email-t311618.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/vancouver-applicants-t185384.0.html;msg4402016#msg4402016

Samira2008

Jun 20, 2015
Hi! Thank you for your respond you mean that 2 or 3 months before the test did they sent you a letter? and you knew that you have the test 3 months before? I have applied from Vancouver too!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Samira2008 said:
Hi! Thank you for your respond you mean that 2 or 3 months before the test did they sent you a letter? and you knew that you have the test 3 months before? I have applied from Vancouver too!
Once the file is transferred to the local office (e-cas may or may not update about the file transfer) and then within 2-3 months you will get a test invite. The letter comes usually 2-3 weeks before the test.

Please compare the timelines by looking at the following spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiV2llr71HikdDV3bmtyQ0ZiWUwzOXhEX3lTRG5qdUE&usp=drive_web#gid=3

Please note that sometimes ecas updates and sometimes not. All you need to do is to do is to check your physical mailbox and email on regular basis.

By the way, what does your e-cas status show right now?

Samira2008

Jun 20, 2015
Thank you again! Right now it shows in process Since 2nd of March! how ever until 3 weeks ago it showed that it has transferred to the local office ( Vancouver) on 31st of March. But it has been for 3 weeks that last line is omitted and what I see is only in process status! That is why I am afraid maybe test invitation is lost in post!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Samira2008 said:
Thank you again! Right now it shows in process Since 2nd of March! how ever until 3 weeks ago it showed that it has transferred to the local office ( Vancouver) on 31st of March. But it has been for 3 weeks that last line is omitted and what I see is only in process status! That is why I am afraid maybe test invitation is lost in post!
The transferred line disappeared for many members of this forum.

However, e-cas may or may not update regarding test invite.

Only way to confirm is when you receive either a paper physical mail or an email for test invite.

I have already given the test and the ecas never updated with test invite information and also, the transferred line disappeared and it shows "In Process" only.

Samira2008

Jun 20, 2015
ezz1981 said:
Some people have reported getting test invites via email. So depending on your local office, you might get an email or regular mail. As for the waiting period between the letter and the test date, it can be two weeks to a month. I remember, mine was a month. There are few people who gotten the letter and had a week to two weeks to prepare for the test.

Good Luck.
Thank you! when did you apply and where do you live please? I am in Vancouver and my file was in process since 2nd of March, transferred to vancouver office on 31 March and then the last line was disappeared 3 weeks ago?

josh2011

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can look at my timeline. It was even less than 2 weeks time from test invite to test date
My transferred line(4th line) also got disappeared 3 weeks ago. Now my ecad is also showing test invite after one day of receiving test invite by mail. Hope it helps. What's your local office?

Samira2008

Jun 20, 2015
josh2011 said:
You can look at my timeline. It was even less than 2 weeks time from test invite to test date
My transferred line(4th line) also got disappeared 3 weeks ago. Now my ecad is also showing test invite after one day of receiving test invite by mail. Hope it helps. What's your local office?
My location is Vancouver!

bubbelbine

May 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am going through the Vancouver office as well. My test is in July; I have 3 weeks between letter and test date.