+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

terminal change at heathrow t4 to t3...need trasit visa??

moneywater

Dec 10, 2012
Canada
NOC Code......
[color=blue]2241[/color]
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Passport Req..
XX-XX-2017
LANDED..........
already in!!
the flight changes from air india to air canada from terminal t4 to t3 at london heathrow...do i need transit visa???
the stay is 4.5 hours.

lucky_always24

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh Consulate General
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-July-2013 , 28-Nov-2014
IELTS Request
6.5 Bands
Med's Done....
04-06-13, 04-11-14
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
Approved on 11-12-2014
LANDED..........
17-01-2015
What is Transit Visa ? if my flight goes though London heathrow airport and there is stay of more than 5 hours , Can i go out from airport and meet my relatives and friends there ?

Chauhan1223

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2013
lucky_always24 said:
What is Transit Visa ? if my flight goes though London heathrow airport and there is stay of more than 5 hours , Can i go out from airport and meet my relatives and friends there ?
u cant get out if u dont have uk visa..

bali.singh

Jun 19, 2013
New Delhi
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/07/2013
IELTS Request
6.5 Overall not less than 6
VISA ISSUED...
31/7/2013
LANDED..........
12Aug2013
moneywater said:
the flight changes from air india to air canada from terminal t4 to t3 at london heathrow...do i need transit visa???
the stay is 4.5 hours.
yes you need it and you will get it from there only..

Chauhan1223

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2013
moneywater said:
the stay is 4.5 hours.
http://www.immihelp.com/visas/nonustransit.html

lucky_always24

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh Consulate General
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-July-2013 , 28-Nov-2014
IELTS Request
6.5 Bands
Med's Done....
04-06-13, 04-11-14
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
Approved on 11-12-2014
LANDED..........
17-01-2015

upendra

Jul 5, 2013
moneywater said:
the stay is 4.5 hours.
nope you dont..just walk frm 4 to 3 n lay down till ur next flight borading :)

rahul_new

Nov 3, 2012
I had the same doubt in mind... but after asking a lot of people including Air India, Air Canada i found some details regarding this ....

As per UK Border Agency Website, Transit Visa is not required if : (basically called as DATV exemptions)

1. The stopover at UK is less than 24 hrs
and
2. UK is a part of your journey and u have a confirmed onward journey ticket
and
3. You have a valid visa for your final destination (which is Canadian TRV)
and
4. Nationals of India may use this administrative concession code (TWOV) if they possess a valid Canadian Visa

So, basically we dont need direct airside transit visa, however i still have one doubt in mind :

Do we need to reclaim the checked luggage at London Heathrow and Check in again for next flight
OR
There is a possibility of Through Check-in where the luggage reaches directly to the final destination and there is no need for pickup at London Heathrow airport.

Sadly, None of the Air India customer executives were able to answer this :(

And if we need to pickup the luggage again then i think we need to clear the customs area as well (Not sure, since london heathrow map is bit complicated and confusing)

Anyone who has travelled in past through the same route can surely help !!!

Anyone, pls guide for this route INDIA > LONDON HEATHROW (stopover for 5 hours) > CANADA

moneywater

Dec 10, 2012
Canada
NOC Code......
[color=blue]2241[/color]
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Passport Req..
XX-XX-2017
LANDED..........
already in!!
rahul_new said:
I had the same doubt in mind... but after asking a lot of people including Air India, Air Canada i found some details regarding this ....

As per UK Border Agency Website, Transit Visa is not required if : (basically called as DATV exemptions)

1. The stopover at UK is less than 24 hrs
and
2. UK is a part of your journey and u have a confirmed onward journey ticket
and
3. You have a valid visa for your final destination (which is Canadian TRV)
and
4. Nationals of India may use this administrative concession code (TWOV) if they possess a valid Canadian Visa

So, basically we dont need direct airside transit visa, however i still have one doubt in mind :

Do we need to reclaim the checked luggage at London Heathrow and Check in again for next flight
OR
There is a possibility of Through Check-in where the luggage reaches directly to the final destination and there is no need for pickup at London Heathrow airport.

Sadly, None of the Air India customer executives were able to answer this :(

And if we need to pickup the luggage again then i think we need to clear the customs area as well (Not sure, since london heathrow map is bit complicated and confusing)

Anyone who has travelled in past through the same route can surely help !!!

Anyone, pls guide for this route INDIA > LONDON HEATHROW (stopover for 5 hours) > CANADA
thanks for clearing my one doubt of transit visa....i have the same second doubt....that the baggage will be through or needed to be checked in again...my flight is air india till london...then air canada till toronto.....if baggage is to be checked again ..then transit visa will be needed i guess....the air india customer support is not helpful at all.....i think we need to contact air canada office at the heathrow airport...they can provide some answers.

past flyers from this route..please shed some light.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
moneywater said:
thanks for clearing my one doubt of transit visa....i have the same second doubt....that the baggage will be through or needed to be checked in again...my flight is air india till london...then air canada till toronto.....if baggage is to be checked again ..then transit visa will be needed i guess....the air india customer support is not helpful at all.....i think we need to contact air canada office at the heathrow airport...they can provide some answers.

make sure u tell them when u check baggage in that what ur final destination is and not london that way they will send ur bags to toronto.....if u have booked a complete package meaning with on carrier that is air india(air canada operated by air india) then at air india checkin counter in delhi they will checkin ur luggage till toronto....if u booked flights separately then make sure to tell them at delhi checkin counter ur going to toronto and u want bags checked in till toronto....

nvidia14

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2013
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Already done !!
File Transfer...
12-06-2013
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
Rab dey barohsey
LANDED..........
jub wo chaheyga
moneywater said:

You will be coming out of the Airport as transfer from 4 to 3 requires you to take an underground train or a free bus I guess if you are coming out they UKBA will be issuing you a short 24 hrs visa !!!!!!! I think you wont get into trouble as its not USA where they can deport you back to India lolzz!!!!!!

moneywater

Dec 10, 2012
Canada
NOC Code......
[color=blue]2241[/color]
App. Filed.......
03-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
Med's Request
24-02-2017
Med's Done....
08-03-2017
Passport Req..
XX-XX-2017
LANDED..........
already in!!
nvidia14 said:
You will be coming out of the Airport as transfer from 4 to 3 requires you to take an underground train or a free bus I guess if you are coming out they UKBA will be issuing you a short 24 hrs visa !!!!!!! I think you wont get into trouble as its not USA where they can deport you back to India lolzz!!!!!!
for changing terminals .....there is no need to come out of airport...the buses to change terminals run every 5 mins...read that on heathrow airport site. only need to come out of airport if the luggage is not through.

raunaq123

Mar 17, 2013
I went from Terminal 3 to Terminal 1, had a connecting flight from Lufthansa to Air Canada. They took us inside a bus. Didn't need any transit visa. Layover was only 2.5hrs.

rahul_new

Nov 3, 2012
raunaq123 said:
I went from Terminal 3 to Terminal 1, had a connecting flight from Lufthansa to Air Canada. They took us inside a bus. Didn't need any transit visa. Layover was only 2.5hrs.
Did u claim the luggage at London Heathrow and checked in again, or the luggage was delivered directly at ur final destination in canada ??

raunaq123

Mar 17, 2013
Luggage was delivered directly in Halifax, Canada. My flight was lufthansa from Mumbai then Air Canada from Heathrow. Air Canada basically operated by Lufthansa.

rahul_new said:
Did u claim the luggage at London Heathrow and checked in again, or the luggage was delivered directly at ur final destination in canada ??