+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary work visa of less than 6month

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Okay I have a very petinent question
I applied for a TRV for a missionary training program since it’s a non profit Christain missionary organization instructed by the missinary organization which is less than six months training.
Submitted application two months ago
and biometrics done
Eligibility review started a month ago and
Recently I got this email

Dear

This refers to your temporary resident visa (TRV) application to Canada.

Please note that a TRV application as is not the adequate document as it is does allow to do an internship even if it is unpaid.

A work permit is required in your situation.

Please confirm that you wish to retrieve your TRV and that you have submitted a temporary work permit.

Yours sincerely,

Is this a good sign
Is it training or work? If work (see link for differences), you need a LMIA exempt work permit. Have you applied for a work permit with the link provided in the email? Your employer would need to apply for exemption through IRCC.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes/canadian-interests-charitable-religious-work-r205-exemption-code-c50.html

SolBi

Jul 12, 2022
Is it training or work? If work (see link for differences), you need a LMIA exempt work permit. Have you applied for a work permit with the link provided in the email? Your employer would need to apply for exemption through IRCC.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/exemption-codes/canadian-interests-charitable-religious-work-r205-exemption-code-c50.html
No I haven’t applied for a work permit

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No I haven’t applied for a work permit
But your letter form IRCC states internship. So you are going to class every day, and doing no work for the organization. So they think you are coming for unpaid work based on your TRV application. Talk to charitable organization about next steps if you require a work permit.

SolBi

Jul 12, 2022
But your letter form IRCC states internship. So you are going to class every day, and doing no work for the organization. So they think you are coming for unpaid work based on your TRV application. Talk to charitable organization about next steps if you require a work permit.
It’s a three months class and two months outreach
Normal they organization normally request for a TRV for this program and it’s granted
My case is different so the organization says this is strange and I really don’t know the way Foward reasons why I’m here for help
I submitted the invitation letter to the immigration
But then this email came in today after a month of eligibility review sim I’m confused on what to do
I need guides pls

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It’s a three months class and two months outreach
Normal they organization normally request for a TRV for this program and it’s granted
My case is different so the organization says this is strange and I really don’t know the way Foward reasons why I’m here for help
I submitted the invitation letter to the immigration
But then this email came in today after a month of eligibility review sim I’m confused on what to do
I need guides pls
If outreach then it is work. You need a LMIA exempt work permit (gave you the link). Your organization must apply for LMIA exemption under C50.