+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

temporary work permit-restoration-LMO-POE----HELP!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jillyk said:
Can anyone help us in regards to this matter? It seems unfair to me. If it happened to me I'd be very annoyed...

Can you appeal a decision made by CIC if their rejection was unfair as such? Failing to be notified of additional documentation required seems unfair to me...
No, there is no appeal. You can only request leave to appeal to the Federal Court of Canada if there was an error in law.

jillyk

Sep 12, 2011
And this would cost a fortune in legal fees.... That is unfortunate.

@aman1-I cannot reply to private message due to some error. Can you put your question to me again? I am unclear as to what you are asking me? And maybe I can reply by posting here....

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
That is why you have to check and recheck that you submitted all required documents (based on the checklist) when you send in an application. The officers are now back logged, taking a long time to catch up on the processing of applications and when they need to notify each applicant that their application package is not complete then it would take them even longer.

jillyk said:
Can anyone help us in regards to this matter? It seems unfair to me. If it happened to me I'd be very annoyed...

Can you appeal a decision made by CIC if their rejection was unfair as such? Failing to be notified of additional documentation required seems unfair to me...

jillyk

Sep 12, 2011
It specifically says when applying online that if amy additional documentation is required or if the documentation you submitted is unclear then u will be notified and have 2 weeks to resubmit it. Why would they say that if it's not true?! I get your point jobseeker it makes complete sense but why not just say you have one chance and one chance only so get it right!!

aman1

Jan 4, 2011
jillyk said:
And this would cost a fortune in legal fees.... That is unfortunate.

@ aman1-I cannot reply to private message due to some error. Can you put your question to me again? I am unclear as to what you are asking me? And maybe I can reply by posting here....
hello
can you plz check my profile ,i have id on it,please reply me on that also
thanks

jillyk

Sep 12, 2011
@Aman1- yes I left Canada before a decision was made on my restoration and extension of work permit. I am in Ireland waiting to get back now.

aman1

Jan 4, 2011
jillyk said:
@ Aman1- yes I left Canada before a decision was made on my restoration and extension of work permit. I am in Ireland waiting to get back now.
hello
Thanks for your reply ,i am in same situation but i am in canada,why you left canada untill decesion will be made,is it necessary to leave the country when we are applying for restoration status, please reply me,have you heard from someone who got their status restored ,,,had you informed cic before leave,,,,
thanks

jillyk

Sep 12, 2011
I would like to thank you all for your input and advice. We received a 3 year work permit and will be returning to Canada ASAP.

Happy days :)

best of luck to you all,
regards,
Jill

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
jillyk said:
I would like to thank you all for your input and advice. We received a 3 year work permit and will be returning to Canada ASAP.

Happy days :)

best of luck to you all,
regards,
Jill
Congrats! Great news! :)