+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Visit Visa Refused for Canada 179 (b)

m Zahoor

Jun 15, 2019
Hello Good Morning !
i am resident of Saudi Arabia with my wife and three kids on lawful resident permit. i am living in Saudi Arabia from last 6 years and my family joined me one year ago on permanent resident permit. i have applied for Visitor Visa Application for Canada however rejected on the following grounds:

1- 179 (b) Not satisfied with Travel History
2- 179 (b) refusing on the bases of current immigration status:
3- 179 (b) Refusing on the the bases of current ties to Canada and country of resident.

The Documents i have submitted are given below:

1- Employer Letter (A multinational company)
2- Vacation approval letter
3- Payslips (Salary CAD 7200 per month)
4- Bank statement ( CAD 25000)
5- Credit Card copy confirming the limit (CAD 16000)
6- Property Documents ( CAD 98000)
7- Vehicle Documents in KSA
8- Life Insurance Policy in Pakistan ( Maturity CAD 110000)
9- Marriage Certificate
10- Resident permit My, Wife and Three children.
11 - My Previous Visa ( Visited Spain and France in 2017)
12- My Family Trip to Dubai ( Photos and and Travel Documents)
13- Proof of different trips including KSA and Pakistan confirming frequent traveler:
14- Purpose of stay : celebrate the Marriage anniversary on 16th August
15- Duration of stay: 11 days
16- Hotel Bookings
17- Airplane Tickets
We were total applicant 5 applicants (Pakistani National): Could you please assist us how can we re try and with what documents and what are chances: shall i need to submit all the documents again that i have already submitted to them or only need to address the refusal points. ?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
1- 179 (b) Not satisfied with Travel History- Can't do anything about this in the short term. You need to build travel history by going to Europe/US (your whole family, not just you).

2 & 3 are the real issues. You are temporary residents in SA (you aren't citizens), and many people in your situation have come to Canada and overstayed. You have no real ties to SA.

You have to prove to IRCC that you will return to SA. Travel history would help here - if you showed that you've been (all of you) to the US, or the EU and then returned to SA, IRCC would feel more confident that you will go back this time as well.

Reactions: canuck78

Ohdontyousee

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
Visa Office......
London
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-6-2019
File Transfer...
12-12-2019
I would add to 21Goose reply: Maybe you should apply for GCMS notes too. As I’m guessing the officer made notes based on what you have. Wouldn’t hurt to have everything before you apply again

I’ve been refused twice to visit my wife in Canada. But holding off on GCMS, until my PR application progresses

Good luck!