fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
NO - it is an open study permit. You never write where "he will go to school" for the elder child. You can write in "experience" a school where he studied previously if you want. For e.g. i wrote Beaconhouse from Pakistan where my elder son (7 at that time) used to study before coming to Canada.

And yes, just put current date and "not applicable" in employment for the younger one.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
smithakj said:
Would I have to take medical checkup for my minor kids too for the TRV ?
If you are applying along with a work permit application YES.

The trv issued in this case is different from a visitor trv. It requires medicals, but when you land you get a visitor record and there is no restriction of six months stay max in one go as in case with a regular visitor trv. Instead the kids stays with parents for as long as their visas are valid.

Hope that helps.

However, kids under 5 do not undergo blood test, urine test or chest x ray. Kids under 12 only take urine test but not the other two

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
@smithakj,

For a SOWP, probably no. I just heard a while back that it is mandatory for a PRINCIPAL applicant now.

Back when i applied in early 2013, i didn't need it nor was asked ever for it. But i had highly skilled job with 8+ years in the same industry working for US based companies with a formal university degree. So may be CIC didn't consider it needed.

At the same time i have known others being in semi-skilled on a bit low skilled jobs being refused because of no IELTS OR being asked to take IELTS and submit results so their application can be further processed.

But this was all for principal applicants. I have never heard a dependent spouse being asked for it.

smithakj

Jul 29, 2014
Are there any means to speed up the processing of my Canadian visa which I had applied online this month so as to join my husband in Canada by Dec ?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Not really except having submitted a fully completed application so you don't waste time in delays. It depends which embassy you are applying from because processing times depend upon that (i hope you know applying online doesn't change the embassy). However, in general September is a good time because study visas main stream just ended for september so every CIC office should be relatively free at this time of year.

I hope you would be able to get through and reach Canada in December unless you are in some embassy whose average processing time is 8-9 months and even then if you have a poorly prepared app. Otherwise hopefully you would be done by then.

Just be active, and if average processing time at your embassy is through and you haven't heard back, ping CIC once a month with your complete details.

smithakj

Jul 29, 2014
fkl said:
Not really except having submitted a fully completed application so you don't waste time in delays. It depends which embassy you are applying from because processing times depend upon that (i hope you know applying online doesn't change the embassy). However, in general September is a good time because study visas main stream just ended for september so every CIC office should be relatively free at this time of year.

I hope you would be able to get through and reach Canada in December unless you are in some embassy whose average processing time is 8-9 months and even then if you have a poorly prepared app. Otherwise hopefully you would be done by then.

Just be active, and if average processing time at your embassy is through and you haven't heard back, ping CIC once a month with your complete details.
But do the CIC respond back ? cause i have never got a reply to the queries i have sent across

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
My case was hung on for 10 months for a variety of reasons (normally it should have been through in 2 months).

During that time frame i at least heard back from them 5-6 times. I tried not to bug them too often, asked clear cut information and not too detailed questions and provided all of my needed info.

Some times i didn't get a response, but mostly i did. So i would say they would respond if they can - unless you are too pushy or provide incomplete info