+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

temporary visa

corybati

Feb 26, 2013
i am a Zimbabwean lady currently based in South Africa, wanting to visit Canada in July for about a week. my sister who is a permanent resident that side is getting married. my question is tht i am worried about my lack of assets and not having a hefty bank balance. i have a 2 and 1/2 year old daughter. am a single mum. will be leaving her. do you think that they will consider her to be a strong enough tie to bring me back?
or i am just wasting my money applying when i dont have assets. i am permanently employed

TOAidy

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
Toronto, ON
If you think your financial support is not strong enough, in addition to providing your own proof of employment/ bank statements, ask your sister to also write you a letter of invitation, stating the purpose of your trip, how long you will stay, that she will assist you financially with travel and accommodation expense. She will also need to give you her T4, tax Notice of Assessment, letter of employment. You will also need to submit yours and her birth certificate to show proof of familial ties.

Regarding your daughter, it's hard to say.

Good luck.

corybati said:
i am a Zimbabwean lady currently based in South Africa, wanting to visit Canada in July for about a week. my sister who is a permanent resident that side is getting married. my question is tht i am worried about my lack of assets and not having a hefty bank balance. i have a 2 and 1/2 year old daughter. am a single mum. will be leaving her. do you think that they will consider her to be a strong enough tie to bring me back?
or i am just wasting my money applying when i dont have assets. i am permanently employed

corybati

Feb 26, 2013
Thanx TOaidy, will pass on the information to my sister. And if you think of any other tips please let me know. thank you once again have a great day ;D