+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Visa Rejection

Dec 20, 2018
My sister lives in edmonton, canada with her husband. She is expecting her first child in the month of March. I had to quit my job to go and meet her. I am currently serving my notice period. I applied my visitor visa for 4 months with an invitation letter, a letter from her doctor stating that she needs family support.
Applied date is 14th december and decision date is 20th december.

However, my visa got rejected because of the following reasons.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. go

Please suggest what can I do to visit my sister.
Can I reappply my visitor visa? Also, What are the chances of it getting accepted/

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Now you have given up your reason to return to your home country, your job, what other proof can you provide to immigration that your ties to your home country would cancel out the reasons for the rejection. Also applying to visit for 4 months as a visitor can be seen as a negative given visitors generally apply for a 2-3 week visit given any longer implies sufficient proof of finances to support such an extended visit.

Dec 20, 2018
Now you have given up your reason to return to your home country, your job, what other proof can you provide to immigration that your ties to your home country would cancel out the reasons for the rejection. Also applying to visit for 4 months as a visitor can be seen as a negative given visitors generally apply for a 2-3 week visit given any longer implies sufficient proof of finances to support such an extended visit.
I had resigned just because my company was not giving such a long leave. But now they have agreed to give me leave. They have refused to accept my resignation. Can I show the NOC to embassy that i will be coming back after 4 months with the help of that. Also, Can I attach my flight tickets to make my visit more valid?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My sister lives in edmonton, canada with her husband. She is expecting her first child in the month of March. I had to quit my job to go and meet her. I am currently serving my notice period. I applied my visitor visa for 4 months with an invitation letter, a letter from her doctor stating that she needs family support.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence. go

Can I reappply my visitor visa? Also, What are the chances of it getting accepted/
Unfortunately, a refusal was pretty much guaranteed in your case:
1. Wanting to visit to take care of your sister + submitting a doctor's note to support this

2. Wanting to visit for four months = Weak ties to your home country

3. Resigning from your job

Any new application that you submit will raise red flags if you change the duration and/or change the purpose of your visit and/or indicate that you are still employed when you have already resigned. You have made your intentions clear in the first application and that will work against an approval if you reapply soon.

If you intend to reapply then you must wait for some months + continue working in your current employment + keep your visit to 3-4 weeks (not months) max. Flight tickets will not help.

In the meanwhile, it's best if your sister invites someone else who can prove stronger ties to her home country + indicates a short visit + it does not seem like she will be visiting to take care of your sister or her newborn

Reactions: bellaluna

shaam

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017

in your case, the mentioned 3 reasons are so common to get refuse. i dont think that your reapplying will make any changes.