+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Visa (Issued Aug 5, 2022 to Aug 31, 2023) Can we apply to Student Visa?

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone can help my friend please? Any thoughts are really appreciated?
My friend arrived in Canada Sep 1, 2022 to attend a burial of her sister in law. She supposed to come visit only but an unfortunate happened.
Can she possibly stay longer to help her brother with her 2 nieces. What visa should she apply? She is married. Can she apply for a student visa? Any Immigration Consultant recommended that they can advise them? Thank you so much!
And how long can she stay with this Tourist Visa? Her plane ticket back to the Philippines is scheduled in Nov 15th, 2022

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My friend arrived in Canada Sep 1, 2022 to attend a burial of her sister in law. She supposed to come visit only but an unfortunate happened.
Can she possibly stay longer to help her brother with her 2 nieces. What visa should she apply? She is married. Can she apply for a student visa? Any Immigration Consultant recommended that they can advise them? Thank you so much!
And how long can she stay with this Tourist Visa? Her plane ticket back to the Philippines is scheduled in Nov 15th, 2022
Was a date stamped on her passport? Did she arrive on a special tourist visa for emergency situations? What is her work and education background? How old is she? Does she have 25k+ to show she can afford to study? Does she have her own children? She Would need to apply to a college or university and then wait to hear about her study permit. She will likely only be able to arrange the application and hear about her study permit for the spring term of 2023. What is the status of her BIL?

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Was a date stamped on her passport? Did she arrive on a special tourist visa for emergency situations? What is her work and education background? How old is she? Does she have 25k+ to show she can afford to study? Does she have her own children? She Would need to apply to a college or university and then wait to hear about her study permit. She will likely only be able to arrange the application and hear about her study permit for the spring term of 2023. What is the status of her BIL?
Where can I check the passport stamped date? She has the V-1 Visitors Visa Multiple that expires August 31, 2023. She applied online at IRCC Portal as a Regular Temporary Visitors Visa, Received a Biometric Letter and done that, Received a Biometric Letter that the Validity is 10 years. She has $25K (But will probably from relatives here and in the USA), 2-year Computer Course, 45 years old, married, with 2 step kids) Any chance she can apply for a Study Permit> Thank you so much.

BIL Letter says
"This letter refers to your application to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for one of the following documents:
• temporary resident permit;
• work permit;
• study permit;
• temporary resident visa;
• visitor record;
• permanent resident application; or.
• permanent resident card renewal.
Under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and its Regulations, you are required to have your fingerprints scanned and your photograph taken (your biometrics) at a biometric collection service point to helpVisa Officers determine if you may enter or stay in Canada. Most applicants will need to give their biometrics at a biometric collection service point abroad before they travel to Canada. Only those who are eligible to apply for a work permit or study permit designated port of entry can givetheir biometrics upon arrival"

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
- She can remain in Canada as a visitor for six months before she needs to apply for an extension.
- If she wishes to apply for a study permit, she cannot apply from within Canada. She has to use the outside of Canada process and the application will be processed by the visa office responsible for her home country. Generally speaking, the chances of a study permit being approved are lower if a person applies once they are already in Canada. Also, she should make sure her planned studies in Canada make sense in light of her previous education and work experience.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Where can I check the passport stamped date? She has the V-1 Visitors Visa Multiple that expires August 31, 2023. She applied online at IRCC Portal as a Regular Temporary Visitors Visa, Received a Biometric Letter and done that, Received a Biometric Letter that the Validity is 10 years. She has $25K (But will probably from relatives here and in the USA), 2-year Computer Course, 45 years old, married, with 2 step kids) Any chance she can apply for a Study Permit> Thank you so much.

BIL Letter says
"This letter refers to your application to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for one of the following documents:
• temporary resident permit;
• work permit;
• study permit;
• temporary resident visa;
• visitor record;
• permanent resident application; or.
• permanent resident card renewal.
Under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and its Regulations, you are required to have your fingerprints scanned and your photograph taken (your biometrics) at a biometric collection service point to helpVisa Officers determine if you may enter or stay in Canada. Most applicants will need to give their biometrics at a biometric collection service point abroad before they travel to Canada. Only those who are eligible to apply for a work permit or study permit designated port of entry can givetheir biometrics upon arrival"
What is her education and work history?

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When did she study and what and when has she worked and what was her job title?
She doe snot have Diploma, A vocational course Computer Secretarial and no experience.
I guess there's no chance for a Study permit.
Any other route she can apply? Thank you so much for your response.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She doe snot have Diploma, A vocational course Computer Secretarial and no experience.
I guess there's no chance for a Study permit.
Any other route she can apply? Thank you so much for your response.
I think it will be extremely difficult to get an approval for a study permit if she is 45 with no work experience. It will simply look like she's trying to find a way to stay in Canada but isn't a genuine student.

Does she really have zero past work experience?

She won't qualify to immigration through an economic immigration program with her profile, so that option is out.

In my opinion, her only option is to remain in Canada for a bit longer as a visitor. If she wants to stay longer than six months, then she should apply for an extension once she is close to the end of her six month visit. Hopefully she will be granted another six month visit although that will be up to IRCC. Of course as a visitor, she won't qualify to work in Canada or be covered under the health care program.

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it will be extremely difficult to get an approval for a study permit if she is 45 with no work experience. It will simply look like she's trying to find a way to stay in Canada but isn't a genuine student.

Does she really have zero past work experience?

She won't qualify to immigration through an economic immigration program with her profile, so that option is out.

In my opinion, her only option is to remain in Canada for a bit longer as a visitor. If she wants to stay longer than six months, then she should apply for an extension once she is close to the end of her six month visit. Hopefully she will be granted another six month visit although that will be up to IRCC. Of course as a visitor, she won't qualify to work in Canada or be covered under the health care program.
Thank you so much scylla. Does she need to apply an extension visa even they issued her a Multiple Visitors Visa until August 31, 2023? Again thank you. Or she can just go home on Nov 2022 and come back again for another 6 months or? Thank you so much.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much scylla. Does she need to apply an extension visa even they issued her a Multiple Visitors Visa until August 31, 2023? Again thank you. Or she can just go home on Nov 2022 and come back again for another 6 months or? Thank you so much.
If she wants to stay longer than six months on this specific trip, then she needs to apply for an extension.

If she wants to leave in November and then return, then no extension is needed.

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she wants to stay longer than six months on this specific trip, then she needs to apply for an extension.

If she wants to leave in November and then return, then no extension is needed.
Thanks scylla. Understood.