+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary visa extension - medical exams

Nov 23, 2017
Hello, everybody.
I applied for a temporary resident visa extension in late May and got the extension approval in late September. The document arrived by mail in early October and the last line reads: "Must undergo immigration medical within 30 days. Forms have been emailed/mailed separately". The problem is, I haven't been mailed any forms so far and I don't know what to do. I've tried to contact the office through the toll-free phone number provided to no avail. Anyone has gone through a similar situation?
Thanks in advance.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello, everybody.
I applied for a temporary resident visa extension in late May and got the extension approval in late September. The document arrived by mail in early October and the last line reads: "Must undergo immigration medical within 30 days. Forms have been emailed/mailed separately". The problem is, I haven't been mailed any forms so far and I don't know what to do. I've tried to contact the office through the toll-free phone number provided to no avail. Anyone has gone through a similar situation?
Thanks in advance.
Hi

If you were given 30 days at the beginning of October, why have you left it so long to sort it out?? As you failed to comply within the required time, your extension may have been cancelled by now. You can try sending an urgent Webform and continue calling the call centre.

Nov 23, 2017
Hi

If you were given 30 days at the beginning of October, why have you left it so long to sort it out?? As you failed to comply within the required time, your extension may have been cancelled by now. You can try sending an urgent Webform and continue calling the call centre.
Hi, Canuck-in-uk. Thanks for your reply. I have been trying to contact the IRCC for over a month now and, as I said above, it has been to no avail. I keep trying, though. Today, I decided to post here also. IRCC's website states that we have to wait for instructions to be mailed to us and says we have 30 days to undergo the exams AFTER receiving the instructions. However, the wording on my extension papers is different, as you can see from the quote above. The extension won't be revoked because of that, but failing to comply with the requirement is surely troublesome and I have no intentions to incur it. I have sent the urgent webform available at https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=2.238937088.1004574321.1511377071-1247306620.1507136329 and I'm still waiting for an answer. Is that the form you are talking about?