+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Resident Visa

Enice

Aug 16, 2018
Hi There,

Can anyone help me regarding about TRV or does anyone tried to invite there minor niece and nephew to come to Canada?

I am planning to invite my sister's kids (age 10 and 6)to come here in Canada, to visit us and so they can explore and see Calgary. I am wondering if my sister will also have to apply for a TRV even though she is not coming here, and what application form should I use for minor applicants.

Did anyone have experience in inviting minor relatives to visit here in Canada? Anyone can help and advise me please.

Thanks,
Enice

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi There,

Can anyone help me regarding about TRV or does anyone tried to invite there minor niece and nephew to come to Canada?

I am planning to invite my sister's kids (age 10 and 6)to come here in Canada, to visit us and so they can explore and see Calgary. I am wondering if my sister will also have to apply for a TRV even though she is not coming here, and what application form should I use for minor applicants.

Did anyone have experience in inviting minor relatives to visit here in Canada? Anyone can help and advise me please.

Thanks,
Enice
Hi, by any chance have you tried Canada’s official immigration website? That’s always a good place to start.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

Enice

Aug 16, 2018
Hi,

@Bs65 they are applying from the Philippines. @bellaluna I was looking at the form IMM5257, but I am confuse if this is still the same form to use for minor applicant as they have a filed asking for current job and if you put "NA" on the field it would have error and you cant continue, so I am stucked.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi,

@Bs65 they are applying from the Philippines. @bellaluna I was looking at the form IMM5257, but I am confuse if this is still the same form to use for minor applicant as they have a filed asking for current job and if you put "NA" on the field it would have error and you cant continue, so I am stucked.
Is the minor a student? You can put student. Or maybe you can’t continue because there is no date? Sorry I never had to fill this out for minors

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

One of their parents would need to apply on their behalf. It's the same form.

Some of the documents they must include:
1. Copies of the birth certificates of the children

2. Consent letters authorizing you to be their Temporary Guardian from XX to XX dates.

3. Consent letters from both parents to allow their children to travel abroad without them + copies of their parents' passports + their 24/7 contact information.

4. Proof of relationship to you + your invitation letter

5. Proof of financial support from their parents: Letter of Financial Support + the parents' bank statements + tax returns, etc

6. Evidence of their study ties

Enice

Aug 16, 2018
One of their parents would need to apply on their behalf. It's the same form.

Some of the documents they must include:
1. Copies of the birth certificates of the children

2. Consent letters authorizing you to be their Temporary Guardian from XX to XX dates.

3. Consent letters from both parents to allow their children to travel abroad without them + copies of their parents' passports + their 24/7 contact information.

4. Proof of relationship to you + your invitation letter

5. Proof of financial support from their parents: Letter of Financial Support + the parents' bank statements + tax returns, etc

6. Evidence of their study ties

Hi @Bryanna ,

Does that mean my sister has to fill out the form as well even though she is not coming here to Canada?Or just the form for the kids? I am confused on how this will work.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi @Bryanna ,

Does that mean my sister has to fill out the form as well even though she is not coming here to Canada?Or just the form for the kids? I am confused on how this will work.
Your sister does not have to apply for a TRV for herself. As the parent, she has to fill the forms for her children because they cannot apply on their own/you cannot apply for them

Reactions: bellaluna

Enice

Aug 16, 2018
Your sister does not have to apply for a TRV for herself. As the parent, she has to fill the forms for her children because they cannot apply on their own/you cannot apply for them
Hi, So under the occupation she has to input her job experience?