+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Resident Visa - TRV Delay with no answer

romuald

May 21, 2015
Hi All,
I applied for Temporary Resident Visa - TRV online and submitted all the necessary documents on 03/08/2015. I received submission confirmation the same day. On myCIC site the current application/profile status is Open however I received no updates since submission confirmation.Normal processing times have been far exceeded as well. I tried and sent email to the embassy several times but also received no reply at all. It seems my application is completely neglected. Can anyone suggest what can I do in such circumstances?
Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Reactions: Somharri

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Difficult to give you advice given you've provided few details about your application. What visa office did you apply through? What is your status in that country? (citizen, temporary worker / student, etc.) All of these factors can influence how long it takes and there may be valid reasons why your file has exceeded normal processing times.

anitalaura

May 24, 2015
Hi! I'm in your exact same position and going through the most stressful time of my life. My husband and I applied 3/16 and have not heard from them since. I received the confirmation that very day, the CIC online application says my application is open, that there are no further documentation needed, and in essence that all looks good. However, I have not heard from them since that first confirmation and the normal processing time has long come and gone. I keep trying to call all sorts of offices, sending out emails to different CIC offices around the world. I've sent three emails to the Los Angeles Office which is the one that is supposed to be processing my application, and I've gotten no response. I can never get to speak to an actual person and all emails are responded by automated responses. They say they won't answer emails if the application is still under normal processing times, and even though mine isn't I don't get any responses. I've contacted my university in Canada (mine is a student permit application) and they don't know what to do. At this point the last thing I'm considering is calling a Canadian lawyer for a phone consultation to ask about waiting for my application while in Canada. I'm far away from my home country, the country I'm currently living in will soon kick me out, I have my first month's rent paid in Canada, but I can't go if I don't get that permit.... I feel like I'm gonna lose it any second now... Have you found any solutions so far? Have the CIC people contacted you??????

CICOtawa

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
I would order GCMS report. Iف will take 30 days but you will see all the details of your application. If you are not in Canada you may need to find sb in Canada or a Canadian lawyer to apply this on your behalf.

MIRAI

May 7, 2015
romuald said:
Hi All,
I applied for Temporary Resident Visa - TRV online and submitted all the necessary documents on 03/08/2015. I received submission confirmation the same day. On myCIC site the current application/profile status is Open however I received no updates since submission confirmation.Normal processing times have been far exceeded as well. I tried and sent email to the embassy several times but also received no reply at all. It seems my application is completely neglected. Can anyone suggest what can I do in such circumstances?
Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
I'm on the same boat. My application just for transit visa but I still haven't got passport request.
I applied online on Mar 22.
I'm thinking about canceling my trip because I don't know who to ask about my application. There's no way to talk directly and ask CIC about this. Very disappointed!

harneet463

Apr 22, 2015
Has any body of you tried to file an case specific inquiry using the link for the nearest consulate office to your home towns.

This link http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/offices/missions/new-delhi.asp opens the page for New Delhi consulate, you can similarly search for your nearest consulate office page and send the case specific inquiry using the link on the page.

Simply mention that as the processing time mentioned on the website has been exceeded, you are writing to inquire about the status of the application and in case any further information is required you would be happy to provide the same.

Hopefully you should get an reason for the delay.

Cheers !!