+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) Application as a Post-Grad Work Permit Holder

Yrn6

Mar 10, 2019
Hi, I have some questions. I am an international student in Canada. I graduated from George Brown College ( Business-Marketing- June 2018 ). Also, received my Post Graduate Work Permit expires December 2020. Now I am working as a cashier for 5 months. I still have student visa but its going to expire on July 2019. Therefore, I need to apply for Temporary Resident Visa. I need to fill the form but i have questions about it. (IMM 5257).
1-) indicate how long you plan to stay ? What should I write because I am planning to stay until my PGWP expires?
2-) funds available for my stay? I want to stay at least 1 year. How much I suppose to put?
3-) name address and relationship of any person or institutions? Can I write my home address and say roommate(. or can I write my work address?
4-) I am planning to visit my country after(if) I received my TRV. when i came back here do you think its gonna create any problems.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, I have some questions. I am an international student in Canada. I graduated from George Brown College ( Business-Marketing- June 2018 ). Also, received my Post Graduate Work Permit expires December 2020. Now I am working as a cashier for 5 months. I still have student visa but its going to expire on July 2019. Therefore, I need to apply for Temporary Resident Visa. I need to fill the form but i have questions about it. (IMM 5257).
1-) indicate how long you plan to stay ? What should I write because I am planning to stay until my PGWP expires?
2-) funds available for my stay? I want to stay at least 1 year. How much I suppose to put?
3-) name address and relationship of any person or institutions? Can I write my home address and say roommate(. or can I write my work address?
4-) I am planning to visit my country after(if) I received my TRV. when i came back here do you think its gonna create any problems.
Hi

1. Yes.

2. Put your salary.

3. Not applicable to your situation, as you already live in Canada on a work permit.

4. No.

Reactions: Yrn6

Yrn6

Mar 10, 2019
Hi

1. Yes.

2. Put your salary.

3. Not applicable to your situation, as you already live in Canada on a work permit.

4. No.
1-for the first question did you mean i need to write until my work permit expires? To be clarify, on the form its asking specific dates 'from - to'. If I write my student visa expiry date for FROM part and if i put my PGWP expiry date for TO part. what dates I suppose to write?

2-for the second one for example I earn 1500 monthly. do i need to write monthly amount or its because I'm planning to stay at least 1 year Do I suppose to write 1500*12(yearly)

3- this section has to be filled therefore, do i need to write ''not applicable'' ?

Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
1-for the first question did you mean i need to write until my work permit expires? To be clarify, on the form its asking specific dates 'from - to'. If I write my student visa expiry date for FROM part and if i put my PGWP expiry date for TO part. what dates I suppose to write?

2-for the second one for example I earn 1500 monthly. do i need to write monthly amount or its because I'm planning to stay at least 1 year Do I suppose to write 1500*12(yearly)

3- this section has to be filled therefore, do i need to write ''not applicable'' ?

Thank you!
1. From your date of entry to your PGWP expiry.

2. Put one year.

3. Put something like "In Canada on PGWP".

Reactions: Yrn6

Yrn6

Mar 10, 2019

2. Put one year.

1- my last entry to Canada is almost 2 years ago when i was studying. for example when i fill its gonna be like 'FROM' july 2017 'TO' december 2020. Do you think it make sense like this ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
1- my last entry to Canada is almost 2 years ago when i was studying. for example when i fill its gonna be like 'FROM' july 2017 'TO' december 2020. Do you think it make sense like this ?
Yes.

Yrn6

Mar 10, 2019
Hi. I have question again. As I said before I already graduated and received my PGWP. In IMM5257 question 7-Current country or territory of residence ?
1-It asks my status, I assume as``worker``
2-FROM-TO. Do I need to write my PGWP issue date and expiry date?

Thanks.

Yrn6

Mar 10, 2019

2. Put one year.

In question 1- I tried to write my last entry which is 2017/07 to Canada. However It didnot except. It says "It must be greater than or equal to todays date."

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
In question 1- I tried to write my last entry which is 2017/07 to Canada. However It didnot except. It says "It must be greater than or equal to todays date."
Then just put today's date. The officer will understand.

Nighshade

Sep 22, 2019
Hi guy, i need some help. I just received my PGWP on Friday and i'm in the process of doing my TRV. For the IMM5257e, what do we put for "Fund available for my stay (CAD)" under details of visit to canada?

As i'm not working at the moment, as i want to go back to my country for vacation before starting

AriaFarsi

Jun 11, 2019
For the fund question, are we required to put a letter of employment or proof of fund or only self-declaring how much fund we have would suffice?