+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Resident Visa refused due to Misrepresentation

kimm12

Dec 15, 2016
Hello

I applied TRV for Canada representing my dad who is 62 yrs old with all the documents required including evidence of his employment, more than enough funds and many such ties to his home country(India). In the application form, I being the representative did not mention about the 4 refusals for US tourist visa due to lack of ties. (It was a mistake, misread that but I understand it doesn’t matter)
I made the application on Dec 9 2016 and after couple of confirmation emails I received a letter of refusal with 'OTHER REASONS' being checked and note mentioned

"You have not disclosed all previous refusals for visas to Canada or any other country.”

There is no other check box in the refusal letter or any Procedural Fairness Letter was requested

My questions are
1) Is he already ban for two/five years or is there a way I can submit a correction or new application with change
2) Will new application now be refused with reasons being section 40(a), I am little confused here. Please advise.
3) Shall I consult an attorney for changes in application or how do I know that he is probably banned to re-apply for sometime now.
4) Is there any chance that his application for TRV may be approved with above history, if everything else seems okay

Thanks for you help.

tajinder107

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Canada and usa share information between each other while USA does not care much about other countries refusals Canada does take USA refusal seriously.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment but I guess you can try reapplying and this time be honest about all refusals for any country although if the US visa applications were refused for lack of ties then that may also happen with the Canada application if not providing a solid case. If you do not try then you may never know and although people on forum can input various opinions they are not making the decision.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It does not sound like he was issued a ban.

There's always some chance he will be approved however he'll need to demonstrate very strong ties to his home country. Make sure you mention all four US refusals as well as the refusal for a Canadian TRV.

appealsp

Mar 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kimm12 said:
Hello

I applied TRV for Canada representing my dad who is 62 yrs old with all the documents required including evidence of his employment, more than enough funds and many such ties to his home country(India). In the application form, I being the representative did not mention about the 4 refusals for US tourist visa due to lack of ties. (It was a mistake, misread that but I understand it doesn’t matter)
I made the application on Dec 9 2016 and after couple of confirmation emails I received a letter of refusal with 'OTHER REASONS' being checked and note mentioned

"You have not disclosed all previous refusals for visas to Canada or any other country.”

There is no other check box in the refusal letter or any Procedural Fairness Letter was requested

My questions are
1) Is he already ban for two/five years or is there a way I can submit a correction or new application with change
2) Will new application now be refused with reasons being section 40(a), I am little confused here. Please advise.
3) Shall I consult an attorney for changes in application or how do I know that he is probably banned to re-apply for sometime now.
4) Is there any chance that his application for TRV may be approved with above history, if everything else seems okay

Thanks for you help.
If they did not get a ban then you got really lucky...My wife was banned for 5 years even though we explained that in was an innocent mistake (same reason as yours) as a response to fairness letter. They did not accept that explanation and she got banned. You can always reapply if they were not banned.