August 30, 2013
Med's Done....
September 18, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Hello everyone.

I am currently in-process with my PR (got my AOR last February).

Last March I applied for Temporary Resident Visa as soon as I got my new Work Permit. And after 5 weeks of waiting, I got a reply that really confuses me. It states there that my application for visitor record is not required as I have a valid work permit. And since I have payed $100, they already requested the refund...

Now, my question is, what is it?

Why is it that I applied for TRV for me to be able to travel for a holiday, and got this reply? Does anyone have the same experience? or knowledgeable to this matter? Please enlighten me.

Thanks and regards,

:)

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
bravia said:
Hello everyone.

I am currently in-process with my PR (got my AOR last February).

Last March I applied for Temporary Resident Visa as soon as I got my new Work Permit. And after 5 weeks of waiting, I got a reply that really confuses me. It states there that my application for visitor record is not required as I have a valid work permit. And since I have payed $100, they already requested the refund...

Why is it that I applied for TRV for me to be able to travel for a holiday, and got this reply? Does anyone have the same experience? or knowledgeable to this matter? Please enlighten me.

Thanks and regards,

:)
You applied for a TRV = Temporary Residents Visa. You don't need one when you have a valid work permit. You don't need a visa to leave Canada, you only need one to re-enter Canada (if you are not from a visa exempt country). You can't apply for a travel visa from within Canada.

Blessing1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland.....CIO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-12-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
5 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
15 Jan, 2016.
Not sure where Alura71 is getting his information from but I know you can definitely apply for a temporary resident visa from Canada. I am on work permit and have done it many times. Are you sure you chose the right category i.e temporary resident visa? Perhaps you mistakingly chose visitor extension or something like that. I don't see why they would say you don't need one if you want to exit and re-enter Canada on a non-visa exempt passport. You may want to reapply or call the call center for clarification

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
bravia said:

Why is it that I applied for TRV for me to be able to travel for a holiday, and got this reply? Does anyone have the same experience? or knowledgeable to this matter?
It sounds like you applied for a Visitor Extension, not a TRV; as you already have current status, it was refused. What application package did you use?

Alurra71 said:
You applied for a TRV = Temporary Residents Visa. You don't need one when you have a valid work permit. You don't need a visa to leave Canada, you only need one to re-enter Canada (if you are not from a visa exempt country). You can't apply for a travel visa from within Canada.
Incorrect. Study and work permit holders can apply for TRVs from within Canada.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
At not point did I say you could not apply for a TRV while in Canada. What I said was there wasn't a need for a TRV when one has a valid working permit. What I did say you could not apply for from WITHIN Canada was a TRAVEL visa, which is not a TRV = Temporary Resident Visa. The two are NOT the same.

So, before I am put on blast for being "WRONG" perhaps my response should actually be read?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Alurra71 said:
At not point did I say you could not apply for a TRV while in Canada. What I said was there wasn't a need for a TRV when one has a valid working permit. What I did say you could not apply for from WITHIN Canada was a TRAVEL visa, which is not a TRV = Temporary Resident Visa. The two are NOT the same.

So, before I am put on blast for being "WRONG" perhaps my response should actually be read?
Alurra71 said:
You can't apply for a travel visa from within Canada.
This is what you posted. It is wrong. A "travel visa" IS a TRV. People can apply for TRVs from within Canada.

Furthermore, OP wants a TRV. As clearly stated in the FIRST post, they wish to travel outside of Canada and return.

It's you that needs to read more clearly...

lemonadeshark

May 17, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
It sounds like you applied for a Visitor Extension, not a TRV; as you already have current status, it was refused. What application package did you use?
Hi, I think I am having the same problem as the original poster, since I was told the same thing. I chose Visitor Extension in the 5708E form I was given after the questionnaire. The options were "extension of my temporary resident status", "Initial TR permit of extension of permit" and "restoration of TR status". What option should I have chosen? Or what do I have to answer in the questionnaire to specify I want the ability to reenter the country?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
lemonadeshark said:
Hi, I think I am having the same problem as the original poster, since I was told the same thing. I chose Visitor Extension in the 5708E form I was given after the questionnaire. The options were "extension of my temporary resident status", "Initial TR permit of extension of permit" and "restoration of TR status". What option should I have chosen? Or what do I have to answer in the questionnaire to specify I want the ability to reenter the country?
If you are trying to apply for a TRV, you are using the wrong app.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

lemonadeshark

May 17, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
That's the one that I used. I've changed a couple of my answers in the questionnaire but I'm still getting the same form. I remember the one that lets you choose multiple entry, I just can't seem to get it again.

bravia

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5, 2013
AOR Received.
?
Med's Request
August 30, 2013
Med's Done....
September 18, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Alurra71 said:
Sorry if I didn't made myself clear. I need TRV to re-enter Canada as I came from Philippines which needs a visa to enter.

And according to the letter I got from CIC, they will just refund the money $100. Now I need to apply and dback to zero.

Thanks

bravia

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5, 2013
AOR Received.
?
Med's Request
August 30, 2013
Med's Done....
September 18, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
canuck_in_uk said:

Hi. After answering the first process, into which I was clear that I'm applying for TRV, It gave me link into which this is the main form IMM5708E. I'm just surprised cos I've done twice before and they're okay. Until this one which gave me visitor record response. Anyway, I might re-apply again and just wait for the refund as I was told in the letter that they will process the refund as I don't need one.

thanks

Incorrect. Study and work permit holders can apply for TRVs from within Canada.
-- that's correct.

bravia

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5, 2013
AOR Received.
?
Med's Request
August 30, 2013
Med's Done....
September 18, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
canuck_in_uk said:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp
Hey, I'm starting my application again. In the first question, What would you like to do in Canada?, should I pick WORK and not VISIT? I answered visit the last time, was thinking this might be the breaking point....

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
bravia said:
Hey, I'm starting my application again. In the first question, What would you like to do in Canada?, should I pick WORK and not VISIT? I answered visit the last time, was thinking this might be the breaking point....

Thanks
As you are a work permit holder, put work.

bravia

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5, 2013
AOR Received.
?
Med's Request
August 30, 2013
Med's Done....
September 18, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
canuck_in_uk said:
As you are a work permit holder, put work.
Great!. Thanks for your reply.