+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Resident Visa Got Refused

abuaafiya

Dec 23, 2019
Please guide me, how to prepare cover letter to re-apply after my application for TRV Visitor Visa got refused Over 179(b) from Dubai, on the following reasons.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

Timeline
12-02-2020 - Application Submitted via Online
18-02-2020 - Bio-metrics completed at VFS Dubai
27-02-2020 - Visa refused

Personal Details:

• I am Indian passport holder, Working in Dubai as a Operations Manager and my monthly salary in AED 10,000+
  • I am Married and I have 3 Kids, I send my family back to India because of my wife's elderly parents needs her support due to their aging.
  • I have travelled as a tourist, to France, Netherlands, Singapore, Malaysia, Oman in Past 2 years with my current passport.
  • Bank Balance for this trip around 45000 AED equivalent to 15000 Canadian Dollar, Only from Salary Savings....
  • Credit Card limit is 80,000 AED
  • I am working in Dubai Since 2005, and current company from August 2018, this is my third company in Dubai.
  • I don't any friend or relatives in Canada.

Below documents were attached:

Application Form:

• Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257)
Supporting Documents:

• Travel History - Previous passport, work permits, visas, entry and exit stamps)
  • Passport, work permit, visas, entry and exit stamps
  • Proof of Means of Financial Support Bank Statement last 6 months, Credit Card Statement and Employment Letter (NOC).
  • Digital Photo
  • Purpose of Travel - Two-way Flight Tickets booked via credit card, Hotel Booking, Travel Itinerary / plan. and Travel Insurance)
  • Family Information (IMM5645), English and Native language (Tamil)

Optional Documents:

• Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada IMM (5257)
  • UAE Resident Identity Card Emirates ID)
  • Marriage Certificate to prove my civil status
  • Passport Copies of My Spouse
  • Birth Certificates and Passport Copies of My Kids
  • UAE Driving License
  • UAE Vehicle License
  • University Degree Certificate
Kindly reply me as soon as possible.

Thanks

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Given that you only have 15K savings it makes no sense to spend so much of your savings to visit Canada for tourism purposes.

abuaafiya

Dec 23, 2019
Given that you only have 15K savings it makes no sense to spend so much of your savings to visit Canada for tourism purposes.
One of my friend applied visa with his family with the same bank balance...He got approved.
see they did not mention financial reason.

they mentioned travel history and family ties in Canada and current country of residence

i don't have any family or friends in canada
and my family also in india

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
One of my friend applied visa with his family with the same bank balance...He got approved.
see they did not mention financial reason.

they mentioned travel history and family ties in Canada and current country of residence

i don't have any family or friends in canada
and my family also in india
Every application is different it is hard to compare

Chutsk10

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
What was your purpose of visit? Did you have someone from Canada invite you?

I don't think the financial support was a problem. $15,000 for 10 days is more than enough, especially if hotel and airfare was pre-paid.

Kind of unfortunate that you do not live in the same country as your family. They are not really providing any reason for you return since they currently do not rely on your care.

Do you have any property in Dubai?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

I don't think the financial support was a problem. $15,000 for 10 days is more than enough, especially if hotel and airfare was pre-paid.

Kind of unfortunate that you do not live in the same country as your family. They are not really providing any reason for you return since they currently do not rely on your care.

If you only have 15k savings it doesn’t make sense to spend a ton of money going to Canada. The whole trip is too expensive even if he started with 20k. It makes no sense to spend so much of a family’s savings on one person visitingCanada for a short vacation. There are likely concerns that there are other reasons for this trip,

Chutsk10

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
My girlfriend had all of $2,000 in her name when she applied for her TRV. Granted, I also vouched to provide her financial support for her trip but although I have a good job I only had $4,000 of liquid cash to show in the application. So we showed $6,000 for 2 weeks . . .

Perhaps you are right that it's perceived differently when the applicant has a family to support, but if that's the case wouldn't they list financial reasons as part of the refusal?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My girlfriend had all of $2,000 in her name when she applied for her TRV. Granted, I also vouched to provide her financial support for her trip but although I have a good job I only had $4,000 of liquid cash to show in the application. So we showed $6,000 for 2 weeks . . .

Perhaps you are right that it's perceived differently when the applicant has a family to support, but if that's the case wouldn't they list financial reasons as part of the refusal?
Somehow she got incredibly lucky.

abuaafiya

Dec 23, 2019

Purpose visit is only tourism, I don't have any friend in Canada

Yes, you right they didn't mention anything about financial support, I have a good job and a decent salary, 10100 AED per month.
Ticket prepaid by my credit card.

Yes, until May 2018 my family was with me in Dubai, Now her elderly parents need her support due to aging, So I send my family to India to take care of his parents.

Here I have Car is the only property, In India, I have many but nothing under my name, all under my wife, mother, and father.

conniesky

Feb 26, 2020
How did your application go? I mean from the time you applied online, you were asked to do biometrics right? and then after biometrics, what happened? I am also waiting for my result. Applied from K.S.A.