+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary resident visa for widow mother.

Dvyshmodi

Dec 19, 2017
Hii.. my sister and her husband are Canadian
P.resident.
I also got PR last year and was about to shift in June but irony: my dad passed away last month.
So I have my mom with me and we can't leave her alone here.
So we have planned to make temporary.R visa for her.
But she's house wife.
I shown my POF from my account for my PR file.

Now my sister is going to apply for her visitor visa from Canada.
But they ask for my mother's POF.
But she doesn't have any account yet.
So what should I do ?

Can my sister show her account balance like sponsorship or
Should I make my mother my joint account holder and show POF from my account as her account too...?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hii.. my sister and her husband are Canadian
P.resident.
I also got PR last year and was about to shift in June but irony: my dad passed away last month.
So I have my mom with me and we can't leave her alone here.
So we have planned to make temporary.R visa for her.
But she's house wife.
I shown my POF from my account for my PR file.

Now my sister is going to apply for her visitor visa from Canada.
But they ask for my mother's POF.
But she doesn't have any account yet.
So what should I do ?

Can my sister show her account balance like sponsorship or
Should I make my mother my joint account holder and show POF from my account as her account too...?
How long does your mom intend to visit?

Dvyshmodi

Dec 19, 2017
Sir, she wants to visit for 6 months or may be more.
We have thought about supervisa but it takes long processing time and insurance,medical test and all..
So we have concluded to try for visitor visa first and if my mom Wil be comfortable in canada, then we will place file for supervisa.

Currently worrying about POF for visitor visa...
Can I show POF by making her my joint account holder ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Sir, she wants to visit for 6 months or may be more.
Stating a visit for 6 months or more in her TRV application would reduce her chances of a TRV approval.

Also, with her entire family in Canada or in the process of moving to Canada, her family ties to Canada will outweigh those to India = Higher chances of a TRV refusal for 'Family ties'

Also, it seems your mom does not have the finances to afford the visit on her own + she does not have other assets (property, financial investments, etc.) in India = These assets help to prove that someone has well-established ties to his/her home country.

We have thought about supervisa but it takes long processing time and insurance,medical test and all..
There is no easy way out for any visa application. IMO, your mom is likely going to struggle for a TRV approval. Chances are very slim.

So we have concluded to try for visitor visa first and if my mom Wil be comfortable in canada, then we will place file for supervisa.
I suggest your sister must apply for a super visa if she/her husband meets LICO + other eligibility requirements

Currently worrying about POF for visitor visa...
Can I show POF by making her my joint account holder ?
It won't work because it is easy to see that she is being made as a joint account holder for the TRV application

Do keep in mind that both TRVs and super visas are temporary resident visas, not intended to stay permanently in Canada. Your mom may have to return to India for several months/years at some point

Dvyshmodi

Dec 19, 2017
Thank you so much for your suggestions.
I will keep in mind.
Can't it work if my sister put an invitation letter for my mom and take all liability on her POF?
I read it for Thailand, Australia but I don't know about Canada.

Dvyshmodi

Dec 19, 2017
My sister said it would be comparatively easy process when she will place file for my mother from Canada with reference of her PR.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Can't it work if my sister put an invitation letter for my mom and take all liability on her POF?
I read it for Thailand, Australia but I don't know about Canada.
IMO, this is not likely to work.

As the daughter of your mom, your sister can offer to pay for some component of your mom's visit such as your mom's airfare, and provide accommodation, etc. This is accepted by IRCC.

However, to have any chances of a TRV approval, your mom must prove that she has strong reasons to return to India (property, employment, dependent family members, her own finances, etc).... she does NOT have any such ties. Nor, does she have any previous travel history to other visa-required countries for short stays.

My sister said it would be comparatively easy process when she will place file for my mother from Canada with reference of her PR.
It does not work this way. Again, your mom's family ties to Canada outweigh those to India i.e. she has no family members to return to in India, which is something the visa officer would like to see.

I recommend your mom applies for a super visa hosted by your sister and her husband, instead of applying for a TRV. IMO, your mom has slim to none chances for a TRV approval. You can certainly try though

Dvyshmodi

Dec 19, 2017
IMO, this is not likely to work.

As the daughter of your mom, your sister can offer to pay for some component of your mom's visit such as your mom's airfare, and provide accommodation, etc. This is accepted by IRCC.

However, to have any chances of a TRV approval, your mom must prove that she has strong reasons to return to India (property, employment, dependent family members, her own finances, etc).... she does NOT have any such ties. Nor, does she have any previous travel history to other visa-required countries for short stays.

It does not work this way. Again, your mom's family ties to Canada outweigh those to India i.e. she has no family members to return to in India, which is something the visa officer would like to see.

I recommend your mom applies for a super visa hosted by your sister and her husband, instead of applying for a TRV. IMO, your mom has slim to none chances for a TRV approval. You can certainly try though
just wow and thnx for your suggestions, hence i am going for supervisa application. i am sorry if i am asking too much favor but could u guide me from where i should buy insurance for my mom and do I need to submit medical test for her prior to application ?

Dvyshmodi

Dec 19, 2017
and in travel insurance should i buy deductible or not? would it make difference in supervisa application?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
just wow and thnx for your suggestions, hence i am going for supervisa application. i am sorry if i am asking too much favor but could u guide me from where i should buy insurance for my mom and do I need to submit medical test for her prior to application ?
You'll need to shop for suitable insurance coverage from a Canadian insurance company. Or you can check this: https://www.bestquotetravelinsurance.ca/

Medicals can be done upfront prior to submitting the super visa application, or she can do her medicals after she gets the request from the visa office

Dvyshmodi

Dec 19, 2017
Hii mam,I had placed file for Supervisa for my mom, all documents were fulfilled.
We placed through vfs global.
The average time shown on ircc site is 41 days
Where as it's already been 72 days.
When I track, it just shows its under process.
I called to vfs and they told me same, that it's not showing any error yet but its under process..

Do we have any way to know the timeline of process ?

kanha

Jul 4, 2021
I know it's an old thread but I'm also in the same situation. Can you please share your experience? Were you able to apply for their visa and did it approve? Thank you!