+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

temporary resident visa - chandigarh VFS office

T.Rex87

Feb 12, 2016
Tara said:
Guys,

Are online applications processed slower than paper applications?
No. I don't believe that processing timeline has to do anything with paper or online application. I applied online for trv on May5th and I received decision on May28th. It was refused first time and now I have applied again online. after2 days medical says "Passed".

Tara

Star Member
Jan 15, 2009
T.Rex87,

Thanks for the information. Do you need Medical test for a TRV? The check list I got from the CIC questionnaire did not suggest Medical as one of the checklist item.

T.Rex87

Feb 12, 2016
Tara said:
T.Rex87,

Thanks for the information. Do you need Medical test for a TRV? The check list I got from the CIC questionnaire did not suggest Medical as one of the checklist item.
As per my knowledge, Medical exam is required. If you don't provide it along with your application, CIC may ask for it later. I applied online and there's list of documents to be uploaded and medical exam is one of them.

GoodLuck with your application!

Tara

Star Member
Jan 15, 2009
Thanks, For my Dad's application, there was no such item in the checklist. We requested to be considered under CAN+ program. The processing time was supposed to be faster, but I don't think its getting processed under CAN+, already into 4th week now.

T.Rex87

Feb 12, 2016
Tara said:
Thanks, For my Dad's application, there was no such item in the checklist. We requested to be considered under CAN+ program. The processing time was supposed to be faster, but I don't think its getting processed under CAN+, already into 4th week now.
I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with CAN+ program. So may be someone with more details can help you better. But it's normal if you don't hear anything from CIC for 3-4 weeks. Hope you receive updates in coming week
Goodluck

Tara

Star Member
Jan 15, 2009
CAN+ is a program for applicants who have visited USA in past 5/10 years and have valid USA visa. The document list is fairly short and advertised processing time is about a week. However, there is no separate Forms, and all you can do is to send a cover letter explaining why you are requesting CAN+ processing. I learned from other members of this forum that you can only request but it's not guaranteed.

T.Rex87

Feb 12, 2016
Tara said:
CAN+ is a program for applicants who have visited USA in past 5/10 years and have valid USA visa. The document list is fairly short and advertised processing time is about a week. However, there is no separate Forms, and all you can do is to send a cover letter explaining why you are requesting CAN+ processing. I learned from other members of this forum that you can only request but it's not guaranteed.
Thank you for the information that you gave me. In our case CAN+ wouldn't be valid. Hope you hear soon from CIC

mspjal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2013
CALGARY
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
n/a
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 07,2014 ,REACHED cic-m on Jan 10,2014,at 11.30 AM
Doc's Request.
In Process since 22/04/2016
Nomination.....
credit card charged on Jan 25,2014
AOR Received.
Recvd on JUN 09,2014 CPC-MISSISSAUGA.
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Approved by CPC-MISSISSAUGA nd file trfd. to CPC-Ottawa on April 14,2016
Med's Request
received vide email dated June 30,2016.
Med's Done....
AS on July 21 nd information sent to CPC-Ottawa on July 26,Medical results recvd. line in ecas visible
Interview........
expecting waiver
Passport Req..
Email dtd. Oct.20,2016 recvd. for submission of PPTS nd submitted on Oct. 24, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Docs recvd. on Aug 07,2016
LANDED..........
With God blessings, landed with my spouse at Calgary on April 26,2017.
T.Rex87 said:
As per my knowledge, Medical exam is required. If you don't provide it along with your application, CIC may ask for it later. I applied online and there's list of documents to be uploaded and medical exam is one of them.

GoodLuck with your application!
@ T.Rex87,

Upfront Medical is required only in the case of "Super Visa for parent/grand parent", not for TRV with a purpose of "VISITING FAMILY MEMBER".

My parents were granted TRV in the past with Multiple Entry without Medicals. Now again,since their TRV had expired, an application for grant of visa to visit my family for short period was submitted on May 10,2016.We are waiting for decision from CHC,Chandigarh.

Good luck. God bless all !!!

mspjal

mspjal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2013
CALGARY
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
n/a
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
AS on July 21 nd information sent to CPC-Ottawa on July 26,Medical results recvd. line in ecas visible
Interview........
expecting waiver
Passport Req..
Email dtd. Oct.20,2016 recvd. for submission of PPTS nd submitted on Oct. 24, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sidhu420 said:
Hello
I got multiple visa for one year I am now in Canada
Wish you good luck everybody.
@sidhu Sahab,

Congrats. Wish u a very comfortable and enjoyable stay in Canada !!
Could u please post ur time line for the benefit of other form members ?
Thanx.

God bless all !!!

mspjal

mspjal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2013
CALGARY
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
n/a
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
expecting waiver
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Arora1990 said:
applied TRV me n my wife on 11th may. Chd vfs still no response alrdy 22 days :(
@Arora ji,

Our time line is almost same. Wait has become very taxing.

I cannot not remember as to when CHC in India would have taken so much of time to make decision on TRV application.It used to take only four working days until recent past. It seems, CHC has larger inventory and lesser resources to cope it with. It has been observed that even purpose of visit of applicant goes by and yet decision on his/her application is hanging in the air. So much so, a few have got refusal in the process,probably owing to this reason.

I wonder, if " PROSPECTIVE GUESTS" are to be treated in the manner CHC is doing right now.May be , to them it is not obligatory on their part.

All said and done, wait is what we have to remain contended with under the circumstances,however difficult it is !!

Good luck. God bless all !!!

mspjal

Sidhu420

Mar 22, 2016
My lawyer is from Canada we apply online on 28th April and cic will request on 27th may but can't upload a request letter due to technical problem when my lawyer contact them via email they said that you have received passport request.then after they again send letter and I submit passport on 7th June. And get ppt on 9th personally and 10th June my flight which I have booked in advance when apply. Thanks

mspjal

Star Member
Dec 22, 2013
CALGARY
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
n/a
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
expecting waiver
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sidhu420 said:
My lawyer is from Canada we apply online on 28th April and cic will request on 27th may but can't upload a request letter due to technical problem when my lawyer contact them via email they said that you have received passport request.then after they again send letter and I submit passport on 7th June. And get ppt on 9th personally and 10th June my flight which I have booked in advance when apply. Thanks
@sidhu sahab,

Thanx for posting detail.It is good that your visa approval was exactly on the line of processing time given on the CIC website,whereas people are still waiting.

I am sure ,you had a nice journey and now enjoying good time with your family in Canada.

Good luck.God bless all !

mspjal