+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary residence to visit canada~~~ need help :(

minime

Nov 16, 2012
Hey guys,

Im still haven't get anything yet~ so depressing!!! I may stuck here all winter :( So i tried to call then but they did not get my call, they put it on automatic voice mail then told me to access the website for information. Then, i faxed them and ask about my status last week, i still not getting anything yet. Does anyone know how to contact them? Or anyway we could know when it gonna come~ cuz its so nerve cracking waiting like this

giri0705

Nov 26, 2012
minime said:
Hey guys,

Im still haven't get anything yet~ so depressing!!! I may stuck here all winter :( So i tried to call then but they did not get my call, they put it on automatic voice mail then told me to access the website for information. Then, i faxed them and ask about my status last week, i still not getting anything yet. Does anyone know how to contact them? Or anyway we could know when it gonna come~ cuz its so nerve cracking waiting like this
Hey minime, thanks for the update. somebody in his forum only told me to visit new york office in person.
I might try that option next week, let see....

yuexin

Dec 4, 2012
giri0705 said:
Hey minime, thanks for the update. somebody in his forum only told me to visit new york office in person.
I might try that option next week, let see....
yes. I definetely will go to NY to get my passport back tomorrow. I think it is the fastest way to know our status. I will update when I arrive in NY.

giri0705

Nov 26, 2012
yuexin said:
yes. I definetely will go to NY to get my passport back tomorrow. I think it is the fastest way to know our status. I will update when I arrive in NY.
Hey yuexin, please do not forgot to post your experiance here. It will benefit to us as well.

minime

Nov 16, 2012
Hi guys,

Please update your status so everyone could be informed~ thanks a lot!!! Anyone know that if we are not going to NY, how long does it takes to get the visa? Or they just basically not sending to you and you have to pick it up in NY? Do you have to make any appointment before going there and what if your visa is not ready yet? Sorry for a bunch of questions, im juz nervous having finals and waiting for this

minime

Nov 16, 2012
yuexin said:
Thanks yuexin, please keep us posted...we are all impatiently waiting :''(

frono

Nov 29, 2012
I emailed them not too long ago, because I am in the same exact situation. Response:

Dear Sir/Madame:

This is in reply to your email of December 4, 2012.

Please be advised that due to the volume of applications received in this office, we are experiencing a delay in the processing of our files. As stated in our website, "processing times are a minimum of 30 days". However, currently, it is taking us more than 30 days to process applications. Once the application has been finalized, your passport and other documents will be returned to you. However, if you no longer wish to continue with your application, you may send us an email advising our office to withdraw your application. You must refer to your file number in all correspondence sent to our office. Please note processing fees are non-refundable.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

Immigration Section

Canadian Consulate General | Consulat général du Canada

1251 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY 10020-1175

Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
newyork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

minime

Nov 16, 2012
frono said:
I emailed them not too long ago, because I am in the same exact situation. Response:

Dear Sir/Madame:

This is in reply to your email of December 4, 2012.

Please be advised that due to the volume of applications received in this office, we are experiencing a delay in the processing of our files. As stated in our website, "processing times are a minimum of 30 days". However, currently, it is taking us more than 30 days to process applications. Once the application has been finalized, your passport and other documents will be returned to you. However, if you no longer wish to continue with your application, you may send us an email advising our office to withdraw your application. You must refer to your file number in all correspondence sent to our office. Please note processing fees are non-refundable.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

Immigration Section

Canadian Consulate General | Consulat général du Canada

1251 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY 10020-1175

Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada
newyork-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca
Thanks for sharing your info Frono! It sucks if i have to stuck here all winter, do you know if we can walk there and get our visa earlier?

srhnclptt

Nov 29, 2012
Hey Minime-
I read some other forums where people have gone to NYC and collected their documents. In some cases, they ask them to return the next day, and they get their documents back with the visa stamped in it. In other cases they have told people that if they want it back that they will have to revoke their visa, and lose the chance of getting it.
So, there is a risk to it, and not one that we are willing to take. We are going to try and hold off as long as we can before we are forced to go.

minime

Nov 16, 2012
srhnclptt said:
Hey Minime-
I read some other forums where people have gone to NYC and collected their documents. In some cases, they ask them to return the next day, and they get their documents back with the visa stamped in it. In other cases they have told people that if they want it back that they will have to revoke their visa, and lose the chance of getting it.
So, there is a risk to it, and not one that we are willing to take. We are going to try and hold off as long as we can before we are forced to go.
Thanks a lot for this information srhnclptt, it is very helpful to me~ i really do not know what should i do since i applied the visa for thanks giving break and im afraid im not getting it until Christmas end, and i am really looking forward to leave right after my exams. Mine is already 45 days, do you know usually how many days does it take on average? So at least i have a time-frame to look for? Im so lost now :(

srhnclptt

Nov 29, 2012
I have read through several posts, the average really varied.
For some, it was 35 days including weekends, while others took up to 65 days including weekends.
I do not think your visa is lost in the mail or anything, I know that they are severely backed up as several CIC offices has closed down and NYC was given a great chunk of them.
I would anticipate your visa in the next three weeks. If not by then, I would seriously consider going to NYC and asking what is going on.

How close are you to NYC? Is that a possibility for you?

minime

Nov 16, 2012
srhnclptt said:
I have read through several posts, the average really varied.
For some, it was 35 days including weekends, while others took up to 65 days including weekends.
I do not think your visa is lost in the mail or anything, I know that they are severely backed up as several CIC offices has closed down and NYC was given a great chunk of them.
I would anticipate your visa in the next three weeks. If not by then, I would seriously consider going to NYC and asking what is going on.

How close are you to NYC? Is that a possibility for you?
I am 5 hours away from NYC, but i am having my finals now so it is impossible for me to go there. And you said it is not sure if they will give you a stamp or just ask you to go back and wait so i really cannot take this risk :( I think i will just wait until Dec 25, which is exactly 65 days~ its just sad when i cannot enjoy Christmas there :((

minime

Nov 16, 2012
yuexin said:
hey yuexin, did you go to NYC? how thing goes?

yiwei

Nov 16, 2012
totally same situation.
One question:
If we go to NYC and withdraw our application then apply in person, will it work?
If there any guarantee that in person will be processed within two days?

Thank you