+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Residence to Permanent Residence application rejected!

Gnuit78

Mar 16, 2023
I have worked as a caregiver at a home since 2018. I applied for the Temporary Residence to Permanent Residence path in 2021 before the program was stopped. I did the language and medical and everything was going fine. last week my application was rejected because officer says I was not met the requirement for residing in Canada with valid temporary resident status. My work permit expired in Sep of 2022 but I was told by the consultant I used that I did not need a new one since I had applied for permanent residence long before it expired. I was also told I did not need a new visa and that expired in 2019. Do I have any hope now? Do I need to leave Canada? Can I apply for a new work permit? I would like to continue working for my current employer if at all possible. Thank you

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
I have worked as a caregiver at a home since 2018. I applied for the Temporary Residence to Permanent Residence path in 2021 before the program was stopped. I did the language and medical and everything was going fine. last week my application was rejected because officer says I was not met the requirement for residing in Canada with valid temporary resident status. My work permit expired in Sep of 2022 but I was told by the consultant I used that I did not need a new one since I had applied for permanent residence long before it expired. I was also told I did not need a new visa and that expired in 2019. Do I have any hope now? Do I need to leave Canada? Can I apply for a new work permit? I would like to continue working for my current employer if at all possible. Thank you
Appeal!

Last edited:

JibzB

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
Hi, if you where working for the same employer since the expiry until now then you should be fine go for appeal.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It’s unclear when your WP expired from your post. 2021 or 2019. What type of WP do you have? Did the employer have an LMIA? You are definitely out of status now so are working illegally. At what stage were you at in the TR to PR when yourWP expired? Unfortunately many consultants give out incorrect information so I would always make sure to get things in writing and consulting immigration lawyers or multiple consultants as well as do your own research.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Your consultant was wrong. You should have a valid status in Canada if you file under TR to PR.
read more here : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5069-temporary-resident-permanent-resident-pathway.html#next

Reactions: YVR123 and canuck78

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
Did you appeal?