+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary PR Card on the basis Super Visa

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
Hello everyone,

I need to ask that, is there any rule or something which state that we can apply for Temporary PR Card after getting Long Super Visa because if someone gets 10 year Super Visa, there should be some way like getting Temporary PR Card for him/her with which he/she can also utilize PR facilities.

Your responses are welcome!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Never heard of such thing as temporary PR card for super visa holders.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - there's no such process.

There is no such thing as a temporary PR card. If someone who is on a super visa wishes to take advantage of PR facilities, then they will have to apply for PR or be sponsored just like anyone else. Once they officially become a PR they will be able to use PR facilities. Until then, that person is just a visitor.

sp0oky1

Aug 23, 2013
CIC has started Super Visa because the PR processing time for the applicants is more than CIC can currently handle. So just to reduce that load this visa scheme was launched so the parents and grandparents can join their families. Most important step in getting a Super Visa is to arrange for Health Insurance for the entire period of visa so it very unlikely that some one can utilize those PR facilities with a Super Visa
usman_14pk said:
Hello everyone,

I need to ask that, is there any rule or something which state that we can apply for Temporary PR Card after getting Long Super Visa because if someone gets 10 year Super Visa, there should be some way like getting Temporary PR Card for him/her with which he/she can also utilize PR facilities.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
usman_14pk said:
Hello everyone,

Despite its elongated nature, the Supervisa is merely a temporary residence visa (i.e., visit visa). Supervisa holders are not, and will never be, entitled to "PR facilities" without going through the full PR application process.

I assume the initial "facility" that you are contemplating is healthcare, and for that, you have the mandatory insurance which you purchased.

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
usman_14pk said:
Hello everyone,

Isn't Temporary PR is an oxymoron?