+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary Lay Off post ITA - Claiming job offer points

Gbch21

Apr 16, 2021
Hello everyone.
I am really struggling to find an answer so if you guys have any idea please share. I applied for Express Entry through Canadian Experience Class, and I have a valid job offer with a closed working permit (LMIA exempted) with the same employer. This job offer gave me 50 points and I received my invitation the 1st of April. I’ve got temporary lay off April 10th due to the situation in Ontario. One of the condition to have these 50 points is to currently work for the employer. In my case, what will they consider ? I am not terminated and I’ll go back to work as soon as the restrictions will be lifted.

I’m super lost, this is an unprecedented situation and I know I’m not the only one in this case. Thanks!!

Gbch21

Apr 16, 2021
Yes I did ! I’ve worked for this company for almost 3 years and over a year under my current position and working permit. I have a permanent job offer for the same position. I am just temporary layoff …

Kandy123

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
Yes I did ! I’ve worked for this company for almost 3 years and over a year under my current position and working permit. I have a permanent job offer for the same position. I am just temporary layoff …
Since you worked already more than 1 Year under closed work permit you still can claim 50 points

Gbch21

Apr 16, 2021
Even if I don’t respect the condition to be « employed by the company » as i am temporary layoff ? I’ll go back to work hopefully soon !