+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary file number

gabyriady

May 30, 2020
Hello, my wife has applied to me for outland spousal sponsorship in July and recently we called CIC and they gave us a temporary application number and they said that they are checking my file and if all the documents required are attached they will give us a permanent file number, my question is what this temporary application number can help me with and what does AOR stands for, does this file number means I can start calculating my 12 months temporary application number temporary application number processing tim, how long does it usually take to give us a permanent file number? thank you in advance.

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
Hello, my wife has applied to me for outland spousal sponsorship in July and recently we called CIC and they gave us a temporary application number and they said that they are checking my file and if all the documents required are attached they will give us a permanent file number, my question is what this temporary application number can help me with and what does AOR stands for, does this file number means I can start calculating my 12 months temporary application number temporary application number processing tim, how long does it usually take to give us a permanent file number? thank you in advance.
This temporary number only means that your file was received and picked up by the IRCC to evaluate if it error free or not. First acknowledgment (AOR1) or removal of ‘X’ as initial from the file number would mean that your file is accepted by IRCC because it was error free. Yes, your 12 months ETA starts from the date it was received in the mail room.

Reactions: Swappy and mamad611

gabyriady

May 30, 2020
This temporary number only means that your file was received and picked up by the IRCC to evaluate if it error free or not. First acknowledgment (AOR1) or removal of ‘X’ as initial from the file number would mean that your file is accepted by IRCC because it was error free. Yes, your 12 months ETA starts from the date it was received in the mail room.
Thanks for the reply, one question how can i check if it's error free or theres any mistake as they are not sending us any emails ? Can i do it through cic website, they asked me to make a profile on the website and link the application to it , but unfortunately i can't do that and gives that the application number is wrong!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks for the reply, one question how can i check if it's error free or theres any mistake as they are not sending us any emails ? Can i do it through cic website, they asked me to make a profile on the website and link the application to it , but unfortunately i can't do that and gives that the application number is wrong!
When you submitted your application, you already had your chance of checking to see if it's error free.
IRCC will make sure that you included every form and document in the check list. And make sure all necessary information is provided in the application package. If that's the case, they will mark the applicationa complete package and provide a file number and in most cases send an email/physical mail for AOR.
You cannot link your application to your account until that's done. So what you can do is wait.

If anything is wrong, you can try to contact them with the temp number but that is some times not possible.

If you application is found incomplete, they may send your whole package back. So in that case, you cannot "fix" any issue with your application.

Reactions: Swappy

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
Hi gabyriady I am in the situation like you.. I applied in June and all I have is a temporary application number with no AOR to date! Good luck.

dw33

Champion Member
Dec 28, 2020
Your temp number means it still needs checked to be completed as in ready to process. Once its been checked and all documents are there for.processing they will send aor.

frange

May 25, 2018
When you submitted your application, you already had your chance of checking to see if it's error free.
IRCC will make sure that you included every form and document in the check list. And make sure all necessary information is provided in the application package. If that's the case, they will mark the applicationa complete package and provide a file number and in most cases send an email/physical mail for AOR.
You cannot link your application to your account until that's done. So what you can do is wait.

If anything is wrong, you can try to contact them with the temp number but that is some times not possible.

If you application is found incomplete, they may send your whole package back. So in that case, you cannot "fix" any issue with your application.
Hi;

For those who went through this stage (Temporary number to AOR), how long it might take?

Reactions: Manki