+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary File Number Timelines

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
Hi All,

Given extended AOR1 timelines, wanted to inquire if people were able to at least get temporary file numbers? If yes, how long after package delivery do they issue one?

The temporary file number will give some solace that atleast the package was received by IRCC.

Reactions: 4zans

4zans

Dec 19, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-09-2020
Nomination.....
31-08-2020
Hi All,

Given extended AOR1 timelines, wanted to inquire if people were able to at least get temporary file numbers? If yes, how long after package delivery do they issue one?

The temporary file number will give some solace that atleast the package was received by IRCC.
Waiting for someone to advice on this too. I will call them after I guess two or three months.

Reactions: pc8922

dreamscanadian

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-10-2020
We were told we probably won't get a temp file number for at least 6 weeks...

4zans

Dec 19, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-09-2020
Nomination.....
31-08-2020

immi2ca

Sep 15, 2020
Many applicants have entered their timeline on the Google Docs link available on first page of the "monthly" threads. The doc has all the months in tabs below, check them out and you can see when someone submitted an app, when it was received, and when they received temp AOR etc. March tab is the most active right now as applications from march are being processed, but applications sent in September have also received temp AORs

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
Many applicants have entered their timeline on the Google Docs link available on first page of the "monthly" threads. The doc has all the months in tabs below, check them out and you can see when someone submitted an app, when it was received, and when they received temp AOR etc. March tab is the most active right now as applications from march are being processed, but applications sent in September have also received temp AORs
I think you're referring to AOR1. Those are what people have entered - date at which they received AOR1. I don't see a temp file number column anywhere. Please let me know in case I am missing something here.

immi2ca

Sep 15, 2020
I think you're referring to AOR1. Those are what people have entered - date at which they received AOR1. I don't see a temp file number column anywhere. Please let me know in case I am missing something here.
Check out column H, "Prospective AOR", that's the temp file number we're all talking about there.

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
Check out column H, "Prospective AOR", that's the temp file number we're all talking about there.
I assume you are referring to the tracker in the following link :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/edit#gid=1077907001

I believe Column H you are referring to is for INLAND applicants. They are receiving temp numbers automatically and in a matter of days. I/we asking here are OUTLAND applications and aren't being provided TEMP numbers in the same way.

immi2ca

Sep 15, 2020
I assume you are referring to the tracker in the following link :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/edit#gid=1077907001

I believe Column H you are referring to is for INLAND applicants. They are receiving temp numbers automatically and in a matter of days. I/we asking here are OUTLAND applications and aren't being provided TEMP numbers in the same way.
Got it. It didn’t specify in or Outland. So I answered based on inland. My bad.

Mjg0503

Star Member
Mar 20, 2019
Package was delivered on September 30 and still haven't received a temporary file number. Tried contacting IRCC via webform but no response yet. Can't call, as I'm outside Canada. I do know it was delivered, according to shipping provider's tracking info. I wonder if others are in the same boat, or if this is a long time to still be waiting for a temporary number?

Sappy24

Dec 7, 2020
I submitted my application in May and I contacted ircc and received temp file on dec 2 and was told my file is at early stage of processing and have to wait for proper file number which will be send to my email once they will review my docs.

Reactions: ng1102

maba

Star Member
May 21, 2014
Applied in july’20..recd temp file no. In jan’21
How does temp file no look like. Like what are the first 3 letters. I received a number which is like XEP********. I was wondering if this is temp file number.