+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary app number? - Spousal Sponsorship - Inland

RyanD91

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
Hello all. I am a 29 yr old American male applying for spousal sponsorship from my Canadian PR wife via an inland application.

Yesterday my mother in law got an email for my wife from IRCC claiming that they received my application in December of last year and there is also a temporary application number provided.

The date that they received my application makes sense, as thats around the time I originally sent it.

Whats confusing to me is that it was sent back to us in May 2021 for missing signatures, and re-submitted in early June 2021. Been a little over 3 months since we re-submitted.

It also has my wifes old address in the email attachment. In between December 2020 and May 2021 we moved and our application reflected that when we resubmitted in June 2021.

What I want to know is- Is this some sort of error? Or are they really that painfully slow that this was sent out 9 months after the fact?

I have been contacted one other time by IRCC and that was for the biometrics reminder in January 2021. Other than that, havent received anything from them.

The email also states that they will be reviewing the package to make sure it is complete before beginning processing. Will it be processed as if it were received in December 2020? I am confused now.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks