+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporarily living apart during common-law sponsorship

Shoobert

Aug 1, 2018
My common-law partner and I currently live in Alberta. I moved this year and obtained permanent resident status under spousal sponsorship through common-law. She has been working on starting her own business and is looking to leave her current job. This might require her to work in multiple locations both provincially and internationally throughout the year. During this time, I want pursue a 1 year graduate degree to increase my own job prospects in a different province. My question is, can we move provinces if I have my PR card under common law sponsorship? also, is it problematic to the status of our common-law relationship if we do not live together for the entirety of the upcoming year?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My common-law partner and I currently live in Alberta. I moved this year and obtained permanent resident status under spousal sponsorship through common-law. She has been working on starting her own business and is looking to leave her current job. This might require her to work in multiple locations both provincially and internationally throughout the year. During this time, I want pursue a 1 year graduate degree to increase my own job prospects in a different province. My question is, can we move provinces if I have my PR card under common law sponsorship? also, is it problematic to the status of our common-law relationship if we do not live together for the entirety of the upcoming year?
You can move and live apart.

Reactions: Shoobert