+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporarily leaving Canada under Covid

redhotgalego

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
Hi all,

I am a PR from Spain and given the situation, I'd like to leave for a few months in the new year to be back home with my family. I'd self isolate in Spain as soon as I land of course, but aside from that, what do I need to know? Will Canadian authorities allow me to leave the country? I have found lots of info on coming back to Canada but not much on leaving the country right now so any help or experiences will be greatly appreciated :)

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Hi all,

I am a PR from Spain and given the situation, I'd like to leave for a few months in the new year to be back home with my family. I'd self isolate in Spain as soon as I land of course, but aside from that, what do I need to know? Will Canadian authorities allow me to leave the country? I have found lots of info on coming back to Canada but not much on leaving the country right now so any help or experiences will be greatly appreciated :)
Other than finding a flight and meeting the requirements to fly to Spain, there is nothing to prevent you from leaving Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

As long as you are not receiving any form of income replacement from the government you can leave. Travel is currently only recommended for emergency purposes so if you get stuck in Spain for some reason it will be up to you to wait it out. The world is changing to fast to know what will happen a few months from now.