+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporarily laid off-Covid 19

Shivaniarora

Sep 12, 2019
Hi Experts,

I need some help here as I am not sure about what to do. I am on applied status for Permanent Residency, the status bar on the profile shows, its 45% complete. I have the option of staying at home and not working. But if I dont work for more than 7 days then my employer will have to issue me a Record of Employment (ROE) as that is a rule under these circumstances if I need to apply for Employment Insurance (EI).

So my questions are
1) if I am laid off, will it affect my status to apply?
2) Do I need to update it on my profile that I was laid off?
3) And once I do that, and in the near future when I start working again at the same place how will I notify CIC that I am working again?
4) Do I need to go back to the same place or can I switch jobs?

I know the process could be delayed at IRCC but I dont want any of my actions to affect my profile.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

PS: open to all suggestions and answers. :)

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Experts,

I need some help here as I am not sure about what to do. I am on applied status for Permanent Residency, the status bar on the profile shows, its 45% complete. I have the option of staying at home and not working. But if I dont work for more than 7 days then my employer will have to issue me a Record of Employment (ROE) as that is a rule under these circumstances if I need to apply for Employment Insurance (EI).

So my questions are
1) if I am laid off, will it affect my status to apply?
2) Do I need to update it on my profile that I was laid off?
3) And once I do that, and in the near future when I start working again at the same place how will I notify CIC that I am working again?
4) Do I need to go back to the same place or can I switch jobs?

I know the process could be delayed at IRCC but I dont want any of my actions to affect my profile.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

PS: open to all suggestions and answers. :)
Not necessarily, you need to inform IRCC if there are any changes that might affect your eligibility. Usually, stop working shouldn't affect your eligibility for CEC since you receive points for past work experience. However, if you claimed the 50 points for future employment with the same employer, this might reduce your CRS score and you should consequently inform IRCC.

This is usually more of an issue, as I said, when you've claimed 50 points for arranged employment with your current employer or in some provincial nominations.

You must use our Web form to tell us about changes to your situation, even if you applied online.
Examples of changes include:

• marriage or divorce
  • birth or adoption of a child
  • death of an applicant or dependant
  • changes that could affect your eligibility for the program you’re applying for, including changes in your:
    • job situation
    • education
    • language skills
  • contact information updates, including:
    • email
    • phone number

Shivaniarora

Sep 12, 2019
I have gained points by working there for 2.5 years and I got points for 2 yrs, so If my ROE is issued I should notify IRCC right? This wont affect my eligibility but just something new about my profile that they should know.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have gained points by working there for 2.5 years and I got points for 2 yrs, so If my ROE is issued I should notify IRCC right? This wont affect my eligibility but just something new about my profile that they should know.
If your job loss doesn't impact eligibility, there is no need to notify IRCC.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
You just answered the question, "won't affect my eligibility".... If you read what I posted then of course the answer is no.

Reactions: scylla

Shivaniarora

Sep 12, 2019
But the job situation is changing, as I will be temporarily laid off because I have chosen to stay at home, and not work. The employer will issue an ROE. So are you sure I dont need to notify IRCC??