+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

temp. resident visa denied on the grounds that they thought she would stay ...

karinosa

Oct 24, 2009
One more question, thanks to those that have responded in the past!

My brother is marying a girl in Guatemala at the end of this year, he is Canadian Citizen (born in Guatemala) both are divorced, she came to Canada for 6 months with a tourist visa, they lived together during this time, she was a childhood friend and they wanted to see if their relationship would work. She wanted to stay for another year, but got told her son needed a student visa which they needed to get outside Canada.

She left to go get this student visa for her son and she would need a temporary resident visa. She applied twice and got denied twice on the grounds that she could not convince the Visa office that her intentions were to just come to have her kid study, they asked her what her relationship was with my brother and she just said friends.

Now that her visa got denied twice, they decided that yes in fact they wanted to be together so my brother is going there to marry her so he can then sponsor her and her son.

I asked here before if having the visa denied twice would impact her application and was told no, but now that I know the reasons that she was told would they believe them that they do really want to be together? they do have lots of proofs of being together and having contact for the last 2 years over phone/email, but because she said she had no relationship with him and all of a sudden now he is marrying her would this send any red flags?

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Possibly, yes. This is why most of us here will say "whatever you do, don't lie!" Because it can come back and bite you in the behind.

This certainly doesn't mean she'll surely be rejected. Most likely, it won't cause much trouble. I mean, if they had been married and she lied, it would be a bigger issue. As it is, with enough evidence to support their relationship, I don't think it will be a big issue. But it all depends on the IO reviewing her application.

uncychopper

Jul 28, 2009
Re: temp. resident visa denied on the grounds that they thought she would stay .

Ya ... while my app is in process I doubt very much that they would let me in the country untill a decision has been made ... I was an overstayer and was asked to leave .. which I did and have since applied as common law ... The reason I overstayed is because i didn't want to leave my partner and be seperated from her...now is arduous separation but hope for an answer soon