+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Telephonic/Skype Interview

nambaliya

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
Hello All,

I have received my COPR and I am landing on 3rd October. I have applied for a few jobs in my field and received a few calls but all the recruiters are saying we can not take telephonic/skype interview.

Is this the case with others also? Why are canadian employers not using technology rest of the world is using?

I have interviewed for many times over skype/Webex for roles in India and europe. What is holding canadian employers back in conducting telephonic interview?

Any thoughts?

Nambaliya

ankusaxe9

Jan 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello All,

I have received my COPR and I am landing on 3rd October. I have applied for a few jobs in my field and received a few calls but all the recruiters are saying we can not take telephonic/skype interview.

Is this the case with others also? Why are canadian employers not using technology rest of the world is using?

I have interviewed for many times over skype/Webex for roles in India and europe. What is holding canadian employers back in conducting telephonic interview?

Any thoughts?

Nambaliya
Canadian job market is very hot and local candidates are available in bulk and in quick time. Hence, clients prefer candidates either in Canada or want to meet in-person. It is not about technology but local availability.

nambaliya

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
Canadian job market is very hot and local candidates are available in bulk and in quick time. Hence, clients prefer candidates either in Canada or want to meet in-person. It is not about technology but local availability.
So that means I can not apply for jobs while in my home country. Damn it. Anyways thanks for the reply.

nambaliya

Star Member
Aug 13, 2018
I didn't mean that you can't apply. You can but selection chances are very low.
I would probably wait and see if the vacancy I am interested in is available after I land. Don't want to be rejected just because I am not present in Canada now.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So that means I can not apply for jobs while in my home country. Damn it. Anyways thanks for the reply.
As above you can apply for as many jobs as you but chances of getting an offer are slim unless you have some unique skill not readily available in Canada. If you do then sure a company would likely go the Skype route but other than that as you can imagine employers get so many out of country contacts that they just prefer to not invest time and effort when somebody may not actually turn up for whatever reason but a resident already in country will.