+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Telecomms jobs

tclay31

Mar 5, 2020
Hi ,

myself and my partner are thinking of
Moving to Canada on the 2 year visa with hope of securing PR.

i have qualifications in telecomms (BT and Openreach) back in the UK.

i am currently a senior project manager on the fibre build programme in the North of England and have vast range skills in the fibre network to the home ,5+ years of extensive project management skills, managing team of engineers and managers.

I wish to continue my career in telecoms whilst over there and wondering if anybody can provide me with any contacts in this industry?

Rogers and Telus send back generic email reply’s which are not so useful.

thanks

Tom

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi ,

myself and my partner are thinking of
Moving to Canada on the 2 year visa with hope of securing PR.

i have qualifications in telecomms (BT and Openreach) back in the UK.

i am currently a senior project manager on the fibre build programme in the North of England and have vast range skills in the fibre network to the home ,5+ years of extensive project management skills, managing team of engineers and managers.

I wish to continue my career in telecoms whilst over there and wondering if anybody can provide me with any contacts in this industry?

Rogers and Telus send back generic email reply’s which are not so useful.

thanks

Tom
So you are coming on IEC? What permit does your partner have? Once in Canada with work authorization then apply for jobs. You will not get responses until you have secured permit and are in Canada. Where are you moving to?

Last edited:

tclay31

Mar 5, 2020
Hi

thanks for you reply

We feel the most opportunity would be in the city rather than further into the sticks. In terms of city we do like Vancouver however extremely
My partner is a teacher so I feel we have a good chance of finding good work out there.

In terms of best places to settle for this kind of work what is your reccomendations for places ?
Thanks all

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

thanks for you reply

We feel the most opportunity would be in the city rather than further into the sticks. In terms of city we do like Vancouver however extremely
My partner is a teacher so I feel we have a good chance of finding good work out there.

In terms of best places to settle for this kind of work what is your reccomendations for places ?
Thanks all
You haven't said where your partner wants to teach (i.e., what grade). However being certified to teach in Canada involves some work. Requirements vary slightly from province to province. Here are the requirements for BC:

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/education-training/k-12/teach/become-a-teacher

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi

thanks for you reply

Thanks all
What permit are you coming to Canada with? To teach in Canada, she needs to seek provincial certification. BC link is attached. She can’t teach without being certified.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/education-training/k-12/teach/become-a-teacher/applying-outside-bc

tclay31

Mar 5, 2020
Thank you both.
Her experience is from 1st grade to 4th and has 5 years experience. She would be looking to continue in this age group.

that link is great and we will have a proper read through just how she gets certified for BC. Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you both.
Her experience is from 1st grade to 4th and has 5 years experience. She would be looking to continue in this age group.

that link is great and we will have a proper read through just how she gets certified for BC. Thank you.
Again what permit do you have? When do you land? Certification can take up to a year, and maybe 8 month. Being certified doesn’t guarantee employment unless she is fluent in French and has French certification for immersion.

Last edited:

tclay31

Mar 5, 2020
IEC we are currently in the pool awaiting invitation
Still early days but wanting to be proactive and find out as much as we can before it becomes official and we have a date set

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
IEC we are currently in the pool awaiting invitation
Still early days but wanting to be proactive and find out as much as we can before it becomes official and we have a date set
Well you have a good chance since you are under 30. Assume you have both applied separately. If going to Vancouver make sure you have lots of money!

tclay31

Mar 5, 2020
Well you have a good chance since you are under 30. Assume you have both applied separately. If going to Vancouver make sure you have lots of money!
Haha I know it is very expensive.
What are the other cities in Canada that provide good career prospects etc but maybe slightly cheaper?
We have been told Nova Scotia is an up and coming economy that is always growing and lots of opportunities

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What are the other cities in Canada that provide good career prospects etc but maybe slightly cheaper?
We have been told Nova Scotia is an up and coming economy that is always growing and lots of opportunities
Nova Scotia is great but not sure about career prospects. You will not get a job until you arrive and land. Don’t know about teacher certification.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Telecom jobs in NS are mostly customer service. Ontario is likely where most of the telecom jobs are.