TEFAQ!! How to prepare.

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I am seeking more information regarding the TEFAQ. I'm scheduled to take the exam in 2 weeks.

In regards to the oral exam where you have to prepare 10 questions for the examiner, are you allowed to write the questions down or do you have to memorize them?

Please help and any advice on how to prepare for this exam is much appreciated.

keliya

Dec 13, 2011
did you find how to prepare it finally? i can't find anything and my students really need to get it.

ekim8587

Aug 13, 2010
Connecticut, USA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 2010
Nomination.....
14-03-2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 2011
Interview........
14-03-2012
http://www.formation.preau.ccip.fr/index.php

Identifiant: tefaq
Mot de passe: tefaq

This familiarizes the student with the structure of the exam, but there really is no way to prepare the skills for it. You either have the competencies in the language or not. Bonne chance!

Note that this tutorial website is under construction and therefore inaccessible. I am not sure when it will be back online.

Frenchfaster

Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TEFaQ exam for Canada Immigration - How to prepare.

The TEFaQ test has 2 components: Listening and Speaking.

In order to prepare for this exam, the FIRST STEP is to learn the French language in a proper and structured manner. This means learning Pronunciation, Vocabulary (on specific Themes), Grammar and eventually learning to string words together to make Sentences.

The SECOND STEP is to practice LISTENING. Here I advise you to listen to audio CDs with samples of TEFaQ questions. One good material is the TEF Test d'Evaluation du Francais: 250 Activites. Going through the transcript helps a lot, since there is a pattern about the way the questions are asked.

For the SPEAKING part of the exam, there are 2 sections.
Section A is about asking 10 questions to get information. So make sure you hone down the grammar topic on Interrogation (Asking Questions).
Section B is about convincing someone to do something. Here you need to be familiar with the techniques used for debates.

For more information and sample answers, you can refer to frenchfaster.com -- you can find good stuff there.
There are also courses to prepare you specifically for the TEFaQ exam, as well as workshops for those who have been learning but need an expert advice on how best to score in this exam.

Hope this helps.
Nageeb from Frenchfaster