+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEFAQ AND TCFQ....URGENT ADVICE NEEDED

goodie

Star Member
Feb 22, 2011
Hi,

can somebody explain me TEFAQ and TCFQ in detail. and their fees in India's Alliance Francais.

thanks

Frenchfaster

Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TEFAQ AND TCFaQ....URGENT ADVICE NEEDED

1. Both TEFaQ and TCFaQ are French language exams that provide a measure of your proficiency in French language.
2. These 2 exams test students on only 2 skills: Listening and Speaking.
3. There is no Writing or Reading.
4. You can take these exams anytime of the year, in an accredited Test Centre. You can also take the exam as many times as you want, with a 2 month period in between exams.
5. Since these exams are proficiency exams (level tests), you will be placed in a level ranging from 1 to 6 (where 1=beginner, 6=advanced).

6. For the Listening portion: For both TEfaQ and TCFaQ, you listen to audio recordings and answers a list of multiple-choice questions (MCQ).

7. For the Speaking portion: the format for TEFaQ and TCFaQ is different.

For TEFaQ: You are given a document with 2 sections. In Section A, you are given an advertisement and you need to make a phone call to the advertiser to ask 10 questions. In Section B, you need to try to convince a friend about something related to the ad. For example, to buy the product advertised.

For TCFaQ: You are not given any document. You are asked questions in increasing level of difficulty. The examiner will stop asking you questions once he can already place you in the appropriate level.

8. Note that TEFaQ has a negative marking scheme. That is, if you give the wrong answer, 1 mark is deducted.
9. Both TEFaQ and TCFaQ have a limited validity period.
10. You can view TEFaQ and TCFaQ Sample exam/test questions on the Frenchfaster.com website.

Hope this helps.
Nageeb

Mahee123

May 15, 2012
Can please explain about the points/marks calculation in TEFAQ listening section?

I see that there would be 60 questions (360 points) and also 1 negative mark per wrong answer.

Does that mean right answer will give 6 points and wrong one will take 1 point?

Thanks,
Mahee

obead70

Oct 9, 2012
Hi,

Can any one tell me the best way to prepare for TCFQ beginner? I have my exam scheduled 15 days from now and have just completed Level 1 of rosetta stone...Urgent help needed please..