+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEF vs TCF, cannot understand the official page

remkamal

Aug 12, 2021
Hello everyone,
I refer to this page [1].

It first talks about tEf Canada, then about the change in which test is accepted, then about tCf Canada.

But I am not sure I interpret it correctly:
  • French
  • We’ll accept TEF results if you wrote your test before March 1, 2020. If you wrote the test on or after March 1, 2020, you need to provide TEF Canada test results.

As far as I understand TEF has about 5 variations, TCF has 3 or so, and only 'Canada' version will be accepted.
But what is the point to mention TEF and then TEF Canada, and saying nothing about TCF? Does it mean that ALL TCFs will be accepted and only 1 of TEFs is okay now?

[1]
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements/language-testing.html

îleless

Jan 23, 2021
Hello everyone,
I refer to this page [1].

It first talks about tEf Canada, then about the change in which test is accepted, then about tCf Canada.

But I am not sure I interpret it correctly:
  • French
  • We’ll accept TEF results if you wrote your test before March 1, 2020. If you wrote the test on or after March 1, 2020,you need to provide TEF Canada test results.

As far as I understand TEF has about 5 variations, TCF has 3 or so, and only 'Canada' version will be accepted.
But what is the point to mention TEF and then TEF Canada, and saying nothing about TCF? Does it mean that ALL TCFs will be accepted and only 1 of TEFs is okay now?

[1]
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/language-requirements/language-testing.html
There's no changes for the TCF test, they only accept TCF Canada and TEF Canada.

remkamal

Aug 12, 2021
There's no changes for the TCF test, they only accept TCF Canada and TEF Canada.
Thank you for the reply! How should I understand their remark then? It puzzles me the whole day:
@@We’ll accept TEF results if you wrote your test before March 1, 2020. If you wrote the test on or after March 1, 2020, you need to provide TEF Canada test results.@@

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for the reply! How should I understand their remark then? It puzzles me the whole day:
@@We’ll accept TEF results if you wrote your test before March 1, 2020. If you wrote the test on or after March 1, 2020, you need to provide TEF Canada test results.@@
When did you write the test?

remkamal

Aug 12, 2021
I am considering passing the test in the upcoming months, I have been studying DELF for a few years. So now, I would like to focus on the particular exam needed for Canada, but that remark leaves me with nothing but confusion, I am not sure which exact test I need and so which test material to look for to prepare for the exam.
Can I take either of TEF Canada and TCF Canada, or only one of them is good since March 2020?

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
I am considering passing the test in the upcoming months, I have been studying DELF for a few years. So now, I would like to focus on the particular exam needed for Canada, but that remark leaves me with nothing but confusion, I am not sure which exact test I need and so which test material to look for to prepare for the exam.
Can I take either of TEF Canada and TCF Canada, or only one of them is good since March 2020?
You can use either TEF Canada or TCF Canada. Before March 2020, they also accepted normal TEF in addition to TEF Canada
TCF: Only TCF Canada is accepted
TEF: Only TEF Canada is accepted. Once upon a time they accepted normal TEF (this was up to Mar 2020)

Either TCF Canada or TEF Canada is equally valid. At least in my experience it is harder to find centres and dates for these because they are not so popular. I ended up having to wait several months and going to another country to do the TCF Canada.

remkamal

Aug 12, 2021
You can use either TEF Canada or TCF Canada. Before March 2020, they also accepted normal TEF in addition to TEF Canada

TCF: Only TCF Canada is accepted
TEF: Only TEF Canada is accepted. Once upon a time they accepted normal TEF (this was up to Mar 2020)

Either TCF Canada or TEF Canada is equally valid. At least in my experience it is harder to find centres and dates for these because they are not so popular. I ended up having to wait several months and going to another country to do the TCF Canada.
thank you so much, makes sense finally!

Thanks to everybody who tried to help, have a great weekend!