+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEF Test Is Easy or Difficult ????

Ckonadu

May 3, 2017
Due to the crazy amount of requests for the TEF books i'm trying to figure out if I should also provide the books used in the French Alliance to teach French (levels A1 to B2). If you're interested give this post a like and i'll see if it is worth the time.
DelPiero

Could you please send me the AF books for A1 to C2 and also the TEF preparation materials?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Reactions: Karimhamdi

titines

Apr 28, 2018
Thanks to the suggestion of another member I have compressed the French Alliance materials in a single file - if you want the link send me a message. I have also included the C1-C2 materials just for kicks.
Hello DelPiero
would you please send me the preparation material,preferably this compressed version?
thanks in advance..

alpgadhiya

Apr 29, 2018
Hii Delpiero!!
I have just started to prepare for IELTS. Even i have not created my express entry profile yet.
But i feel only IELTS score will not work so i want to give TEF too. But for french need to start from scratch.
So is it possible to reach at level B2 within 6 months time period??
From all the conversations i got to know that atleast need to reach level B2 to clear TEF with good score.
If possible kindly share the study material it would really help me.
Many thanks in advance...
my mail id alpesh.gadhiya5589@gmail.com

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hii Delpiero!!
I have just started to prepare for IELTS. Even i have not created my express entry profile yet.
But i feel only IELTS score will not work so i want to give TEF too. But for french need to start from scratch.
So is it possible to reach at level B2 within 6 months time period??
From all the conversations i got to know that atleast need to reach level B2 to clear TEF with good score.
If possible kindly share the study material it would really help me.
Many thanks in advance...
my mail id alpesh.gadhiya5589@gmail.com
I guess it is possible but IMO it would be quite challenging to do so. I sent the material to your inbox.

anniejasmeet

Mar 7, 2013
Hi Delpiero,

Appearing for July TEF attempt. Could you please send me all the practice materials? Anything and everything would help a great deal buddy! Many thanks in advance!

NzKhn

May 1, 2018
New Brunswick
LANDED..........
17-06-2019
@delpiero

I have been studying French from scratch for the past 4 months (unfortunately a private tutor is quite expensive for me), and will attempt to take the TEF exam within the next 6 months if possible. Do you think this is doable? My IELTS score is CLB11 (L/R/W/S - 9/8.5/8.5/8.5) so I would like to take the TEF to boost my CRS score as much as possible.

Could you please send me the AF books for A1 to C2 and also the TEF preparation materials?

Thanks in advance :)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@delpiero

I have been studying French from scratch for the past 4 months (unfortunately a private tutor is quite expensive for me), and will attempt to take the TEF exam within the next 6 months if possible. Do you think this is doable? My IELTS score is CLB11 (L/R/W/S - 9/8.5/8.5/8.5) so I would like to take the TEF to boost my CRS score as much as possible.

It is doable but you'll really have to push yourself in order to achieve CLB 7.

Spurk

Jan 2, 2018
The other thing is also that with a slightly better TEF result a person can get into OINP PNP French Speaking Stream (regardless of the overall CSR).

I did that as I anyhow planned to move to Toronto if everything goes well and it was the only way to have even a slightest chance to get ITA. I have 361 points and thanks to TEF I got PT from Ontario. Now I'm waiting to see if I will get the nomination.

Also, there is New Brunswick which is the only bilingual province I think and they have a special treatment for those who speak both languages.
Hi Helena21, Lolo, Adam,

We do have CRS of 424, and since its not enough for the Federal government at this point, I am considering Ontario PNP (sibling presence and job opportunities in my area of work): HCP stream (Human Capital Priorities).
We are "eligible" with 400+ CRS, but they haven't pulled anything lower than 433 for a while now, as you might have noticed as well.

Note: IELTS of 8.0,9.0,9.0, 8.5 (L,S,R,W) : Only a 0.5 improvement would have gotten 3 more CRS points, per simulator. But i want to let go of that.

My options (as I understand):
---------------------------------------
a) French via TEF Canada -- what exactly is the score required to "make it" for Ontario HCP ? I understand someone said the minimum "eligibility" criteria of "4" in each of the 4 departments of Written comprehension (R), Oral comprehension (L), Written expression (W), Oral expression (S), but isn't that just for 5 points under CRS. I saw someone say "CLB 7" for TEF Canada is *required* for 30 points. How is that? Can someone elaborate please, for me ? I am genuinely confused with the translations from Language calculators to CRS and vice-versa.

c) Job offers - not sure of how to approach the Global Talent Stream of 2-week processing. Pl let me knowi if you have done this in the past - or gotten a job offer from outside of Canada using your own networking and connections in Toronto (yet).

b) Masters Degree / Grad Diploma /Certificate (all Online) - can be a long shot, and the minimum of 12 months needed (per Express Entry drop-down, not even 10 month degree will make sense, like the LSUS Shereveport 10-month high-stress online MBA) + the energy, workload, money, and overall pressure to succeed with a min. 3.0 GPA in every single course assignment, along with a job, family and getting a in every course to get the Degree.. might just not make it worth the 'super-human' effort (?).

And, secondly, even if I *do* succeed in getting a 12-month or 18-month Degree or Diploma against all odds -who knows, even the CRS needed for the Federal/ CIC ( -or even Ontario Province) might go "up" by then? Too many unknowns here, right ?

Best wishes,
Spurk

Spurk

Jan 2, 2018
It is doable but you'll really have to push yourself in order to achieve CLB 7.
Hi DelPiero,
I am considering Private Tuition/ Group Classes/ both. Can I talk to you first, maybe an email exchange if you are comfortable - before I request for "study" resources /books .. ?

Thank you,
Spurk

Karimhamdi

Feb 10, 2018
@delpiero

I am in the same situation. Finished IELTS with score L9 R7 W8 S7.5. But not enough to get CRS over 440. Need B2 TEF to get there