jagan4u

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
21-08-2017
I too want to take TEF
Can you tell me what level I have to be..a1 a2 is enough to get clb7?
I asked a French tutor and he said it would take 3 months for a1 a2
Hi..u should hv completed B1 to attempt TEF... A1 is 160 hours, A2 is 160 hours, (2-1/2 months each).. B1 is 200 hours of classroom at Alliance Francaise in Chennai...if u can hire a private tutor through Urban Clap, u might be able to finish soon and u can choose ur pace.. let me know if u need more info.. happy to help... There is no way to increase CRS now and this is the feasible long way out now :-(

Reactions: Contactnisha

sachi2190

Jan 29, 2018
If your goal is to pass TEF then I suggest that you find a good teacher who will learn you basics and then work only on TEF preparation with you. When I was passing the exam there was a girl with me with a very basic knowledge but she still managed to pass TEF with good results. Her teacher really worked with her in techniques for successful TEF completion and managed to teach her well.

There are teachers who only do specific exam preparations and they know how to increase your chances. I took one like that for my husband's IELTS preparation and he is really progressing fast.

Just for a bench, I speak French since forever (but I'm pretty bad with school like knowledge) and I had to prepare for 2 full weeks for the exam is it is really specific. There are unfortunately only 2 books for TEF preparation they are really helpful. The process is basically the same as for IELTS preparation and practice makes perfect. :)

Hi Helena,

I know its been a almost 2 years since you answered this question here. Still if I can get in touch with you it will be great. Do you know any such teacher who can guide me for TEF preperations?

Thanks.