+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEF Test Is Easy or Difficult ????

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Hi Everyone I would like to share some tips for Native French Speakers like me who have been studying in the USA for a long time and think that they forgot their French. I took the TEF exam two times and the first time, I did not really practice the Writing and Speaking parts so I did not get good results in those parts. The second time I did all the exercices of my prepmyfuture.com and I used some YouTube channels such as David Leblanc Channel and propulse training Channel to help me with my speaking. The second channel gives you tips to excel in the speaking parts. For the writing part, I practiced and made sure that my writing was organized and developed . I reviewed my French Grammar with google to remind me grammar rules in French. I prepared for about 3 weeks. I scored 393 in Speaking, 394 in Writing, 248 in Reading, and 280 in Listening. Please note that the first time I only scored 217 in writing. Good luck!

Reactions: SumH12

SumH12

Apr 11, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
26-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Med's Done....
12-12-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
Hi Everyone I would like to share some tips for Native French Speakers like me who have been studying in the USA for a long time and think that they forgot their French. I took the TEF exam two times and the first time, I did not really practice the Writing and Speaking parts so I did not get good results in those parts. The second time I did all the exercices of my prepmyfuture.com and I used some YouTube channels such as David Leblanc Channel and propulse training Channel to help me with my speaking. The second channel gives you tips to excel in the speaking parts. For the writing part, I practiced and made sure that my writing was organized and developed . I reviewed my French Grammar with google to remind me grammar rules in French. I prepared for about 3 weeks. I scored 393 in Speaking, 394 in Writing, 248 in Reading, and 280 in Listening. Please note that the first time I only scored 217 in writing. Good luck!
Good tips. I totally agree with you.
I am not native but I did studied since kindergarten in a French school. I didn´t prepare well for Writing and Speaking, therefore I missed CLB 9 :oops:. So it is better to prepare and practice a lot. TEF is not just about French knowlegde but also about knowing the test and how to give/defend arguments.

Good luck everyone! :)

Reactions: Holyange

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Good tips. I totally agree with you.
I am not native but I did studied since kindergarten in a French school. I didn´t prepare well for Writing and Speaking, therefore I missed CLB 9 :oops:. So it is better to prepare and practice a lot. TEF is not just about French knowlegde but also about knowing the test and how to give/defend arguments.

Good luck everyone! :)
Indeed Practice makes perfect!!!

zzio

Jan 12, 2019
Hi all
May I ask the experienced members in TEF, how much time do I need to get the TEF with NCLC 7, provided that currently I study French and in niveau 3 and I am dedicating all my time to study and get it as soon as possible?
NB: My English proficiency is very good with overall band score 7.5

Dec 24, 2018
Mali
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
12-02-2019
Doc's Request.
29-03-2019
AOR Received.
12-02-2019

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
Hi all
May I ask the experienced members in TEF, how much time do I need to get the TEF with NCLC 7, provided that currently I study French and in niveau 3 and I am dedicating all my time to study and get it as soon as possible?
NB: My English proficiency is very good with overall band score 7.5
Ça veut dire quoi le niveau 3? Out of what? 10? Then you are far. 3? Then you are pretty much ready.

If you are just starting, then with the perfect plan and execution, you should be able to do it under 1 year. The problem usually is like the native above or me, we prepare too much for one part. She got good scores in S and W, I did too well in R and L. Both disproportianiate.

Overall 7.5 doesn't mean much, since each section is scored independently for CIC.

NMu

Aug 8, 2018
Hello everyone, I need help! Those who have already given TEF, how similar is the exam to the two preparation books, TEF test evaluation d'français 250 activités and TEF Objectif reussite? I found the TEF Objetcif Reussite papers easier than the 250 activités ones. So how similar is the real TEF to either of these? Please let me know, the 250 activités book is giving me nightmare in the reading section,other sections are quite similar to the objectif reussite ones. I am planning to give the exam either in Feb or in March.